“worth seeking out” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Passe Muraille

Le Passe Muraille
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Excellent service, couldn't be faulted. Just right. Quiet ambience. Nice interior.Most importantly good food. I can recommend this restaurant. Went for the 1st time on my Birthday & we shall return.
Dun-le-Palestel, France
“worth seeking out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Although I have lived in the area for four years, I only visited this place for the first time last Friday evening. Situated in a quiet square beside the old town hall, it's really worth seeking out. Our meal was outstanding and the friendly, courteous service couldn't be faulted. We will certainly eat here again and perhaps request a table in the attractive courtyard at the rear. Excellent!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank WildeOscar

London, United Kingdom
“Great old France style restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I stopped here by chance as there was a parking place right outside - what a great bit of luck, warm welcome, nice rustic decor, excellent service even though after I had been there only 10 minutes the place was full and they were having to turn people away. I had the menu de jour at €14 help yourself hors d'ovres, I had fish as a main (veal was the alternative), and a wide choice of dessert, I had an excellent creme caramel. This was the type of lunchtime meal that I find difficult to get in France now. I thought it good value and an enjoyable experience.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank John M
Limoges, France
“Excellent standards maintained.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

We have never been disappointed eating at this lovely restaurant, tucked away in a quiet square in the heart of medieval La Souterraine. The welcome is indeed warm and friendly and although our French is quite good, our waiter spoke excellent English. Being Saturday, the cheapest set menu was not available but we chose the 19.50€ menu which offered three courses with plenty of choice.
The dining room itself is full of character with stone walls and old oak beams and most tables were occupied. Good quality nibbles and water appeared without fuss along with an explanation of what was on offer. For starters, I chose the salade de gesiers and my wife the fish terrine. Both were excellent and plentiful. We both chose the escalope de veau for main course, accompanied with roast potatoes and vegetables, the latter being somewhat of a rarity in France these days.
I chose a delicious créme bruleé for dessert whilst my wife opted for the cheeseboard - a wonderful decision as a large array of cheeses in excellent condition was presented for her to choose from. Our meal was complemented with the house rosé wine which was good quality.
We noticed other diners eating off the a la carte and the dishes presented looked superb.
The service throughout was quietly efficient but by no means stuffy; you never feel uncomfortable. We eagerly look forward to our next visit.

• Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect combination of great food, charming service and rustic decor.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

We were staying in Chateau De La Cazine but chose to dine in the village of La Soutteraine for more atmosphere. Having read the reviews on Trip Advisor we decided to eat here. The welcome we received was like that from an old friend, warm and genuine. This, in addition to the charming surroundings really started the holiday for us as we'd had a day of travel and we were finally made to relax. Despite staying in a wonderful chateau this restaurant is the most fond memory of our stay in this area. The food was amazing, so much so that we dined here the both nightes of our stay. The staff were fantastic, taking the time to have a friendly chat, explain the dishes, and have a giggle with my other half over her getting all the fantastic wine as I had to drive back to the hotel! We generally don't visit the same areas more than once on holiday unless something stands out for us, but this restaurant alone would bring us back. It's a rare combination to get a beautiful restaurant, fantastic food, value for money, and a warm, genuine and efficient service, but here it is.
Looking forward to returning!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank DMcSweeney
Faversham
“Good plat du jour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We have been here a couple of occations whilst on hoilday,the staff are excellent and the service is good. The tables in the courtyard are the best if the sun is shining as the inside area is a little dark.The plat du jour is excellent value and generally go at this time.The salade starter isa help yourself as it plentiful. Well recommended on the basis of our two visits.

• Visited August 2013