“Well worth a visit”

Domaine de La Fauvelle
Ranked #1 of 5 Thuir B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I spent last week at La Favelle with my OH and sister in law and I'd certainly recommend it. The driveway and first view of La Favelle is impressive and tranquil. We received a warm welcome from Mario who showed us to our rooms.

Our en suite rooms had patio doors onto the grounds, they were spacious & clean with lovely white bedlinen and towels. The furnitiure and decor was as I expected for a French B&B. Breakfast was continental style which is exactly what I want on holiday.

La Favelle is steeped in history, only a few minutes walk from the town centre of Thuir which is a small town with narrow streets, friendly locals, restaurants, bars and shops.

If you just want to chill out and stay put then you can relax on the loungers near the pool. Otherwise there are plenty of places to visit whether you like the coast or hills and I'd certainly recommend a visit to a tiny village called Castelnou which is about 5km from La Favelle.

Mario and his team are friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble for them

If you are reading this Mario - " We'll be back"

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cara70

Reviewed 14 June 2013

La Fauvelle is a beautiful place - with a charm like nowhere else I know.
This was a second stay after a first solo visit and a chance to see new and familiar places. From the hotel there is easy access to the mountains or the coast, and a host of towns and villages large and small in all directions. If you don't fancy straying too far, it is the perfect chill out retreat with the relaxed life of Thuir only a few minutes walk away.
We were made to feel very welcome by the manager Mario. He knows the area very well and can advise on all aspects should you require a some local knowledge or for that matter further afield too. The staff are very friendly and always helpful.
Rooms are well proportioned, tastefully decorated and spotless.
One pleasure not to be missed - 3 course dining al fresco on a warm summer evening. Truly memorable.
This was a very lucky find three years ago. Whether travelling alone or with company, La Fauvelle is somewhere I would without doubt recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen P
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My second visit this year to a pleasant and most comfortable hotel with friendly and professional service in the hands of Mario, the director. I am very satisfied with the quality of the meals; also delicately presented. The rooms are clean and satisfactory furnished, especially the Norwegian styled duvets are very much appreciated. The hotel is set in a beautiful garden with a swimming pool.

I stayed for four nights, there is plenty to see and do in the immediate surroundings. Also a very convenient place to stay for those travelling to/from Spain.

I can highly recommend this hotel.

Anne S.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I was responsible for selecting this Norwegian owned hotel and for organising a symposium for eight participants and their partners/spouses over the period 13th – 20th March, 2013.

The hotel was chosen because I had organised a previous meeting (September 2008) and we all impressed at that time with the service and facilities offered.

In order to shorten this review I refer to Steve Allen´s review dated 23rd March 2013 and entitled: “Will Return”. I concur fully with Steve´s comments.

Moreover, I would like to thank the multilingual Manager, Mario and his staff Julien and Isobella for their friendly service.

David Nicholson, Norway

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2013

La Favelle was recommended by a friend so we went and stayed there for a week and I can truly say it was one of the most wonderful places I have ever stayed. We arrived late afternoon after a long trip and were warmly welcomed and shown to our room. The room was tasteful and simple and with original artwork and excellent under floor heating. (It was early March)
The bathroom had a great shower. We freshened up and went for dinner at 7.30 and were taken aback by the quality of the food, local and traditional French cuisine and wines of an excellent standard! Mario our host made us feel very welcome and we wanted to take Julien the chef home with us when we left, he was so good. The staff really put themselves out to make us feel at home, so much so that I did not want to leave to or go anywhere else for the first few days whilst I recharged my batteries and slept the best I have for months. The grounds were so extensive and peaceful that I could always find private spots to sit, read and draw. A working medieval canal runs though the property. Breakfast from heaven. A beautiful medieval village is just a walk away in one direction and the bustling Saturday market a short walk in the other direction is not to be missed. We will return, but it just won’t be soon enough for us. Helpful staff, no notices. This an extraordinary place, that seems to run mostly by recommendation, book with confidence. You will not be disappointed.
Steve Allen. U.K.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve A
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to find such a peaceful and tranquil place in an almost urban setting on the very edge of Thuir. The accommodation was very compfortable - separate duvets being an unusual feature. The surrounding gardens, buildings and pool, make this a place where you could spend an entire day or more relaxing. Mario is a brilliant host. Nothing is too much trouble. He speaks many languages. He will recommend and book a restaurant when no house meals are available at the weekends.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John Y
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We picked this place based on the reviews and the place is indeed very beautiful, clean and the bathroom tastefully done, however rooms were small and impersonal. I cannot say anything about the noise as the place wasn't very busy the night we stayed here. The pool was ok. We felt this place it's more catered for business trips and conferences, than a usual B&B. The breakfast was very continental - coffee, milk bread and jams - no fruits even though there were plenty in season - disappointing considering the breakfast at other B&Bs during this trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family