“Dreaming of a return”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Pezenas
San Francisco, California
“Dreaming of a return”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We stayed at this lovely B&B in November of 2010 and wrote a review in March of 2011 comparing the hotel to a hug. 2 years later and I am still dreaming of returning. I don't think a hotel experience has ever stayed with me this long.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank islangirl50b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This truly is one of the most extraordinary small hotels ( I hate to call it a B & B!) I have ever stayed in. The public photos, albeit are beautiful, the actual experience of walking in is truly breathtaking. Built in medieval times, the current owners, Babette and her husband have done an excellent job in not only retaining original decorative elements but also integrating an elegance worthy of some of the finest 5 diamond hotels around! The roof terrace was so lovely with flowers, elegant, comfortable seating, I even fell asleep there for a bit. The evening wine tasting was most pleasant where we were given generous "tastes" of wines of the region and unique snacks such as slim bread sticks dipped in hummus and blue poppyseeds! Breakfast was fantastic and traditional continental, all served in their lovely lounge. The lounge has huge windows as well as a beautiful chandelier and elegant decor which includes beautiful paintings of a now famous local artist. Charming, romantic, relaxing, quiet we truly didn't want to leave. I cannot wait to return! On a side note, I had fallen the day before during a walk in Toulouse and injured my hand thinking it was only a sprain. However, Babette's husband, a handsome local fireman, insisted that I see a doctor friend of his in the emergency room the next morning (after enjoying our wine and snacks!), drove us to the hospital, introduced me to the staff and I was well taken care of...and found out I had fractured my hand. How fantastic was it to have such attentive hosts, even taking care of my health and welfare! This is a must for anyone who desires a super, elegant experience that feels very "French." Fantastic, that's all I can say!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HealthyLivingChick11
Nyack NY
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This small B&B in the heart of Pezanas is a lovely retreat. Innkeeper Babette couldn't be more helpful and welcoming. The rooms in this charming 17th C property are built around a lovely courtyard. The main room upstairs is filled with world-class art--original oils from the owner's friends. Our room was beautifully decorated without being fussy. We arrived just in time for a glass of wine and delicious cheese from the region. Wish we'd had more time to spend. Will definitely return. Pezanas is one of those storybook villages in Languedoc, yet it is very much a working village with lots of energy.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Darcy C
Bahamas
Reviewed 15 April 2012

If for your vacation, you are looking to experience wonderful french hospitality, sumptuous freshly prepared breakfast, charming and beautifully appointed rooms in a gorgeous 300 year old original stone building...... then look no further than the Hotel De Vigniamont.
It's not easy to get all those elements together in one package and when you're on a short 1 week vacation, if a place doesn't meet your expectations......it can ruin the whole trip.
The Hotel de Vigniamont exceeds expectations.
We were lucky enough to stay during the quietest time (January) when Pezenas shops are mostly closed for their annual holidays. Hence, not many tourists around........and we had Babette the owner and most gracious host, all to ourselves! Babette is incredibly helpful and very generous with her time and will go out of her way to assist you with anything you need.
Unfortunately, two days was not enough time to fully experience the charm of the hotel and surrounding area so we have already made plans for later in the year to return and stay with Babette.

Room Tip: Be sure to make time to take advantage of the quaint rooftop terrace!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Newlark
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This is a delightful hotel in the heart of Pezenas, a small town near Montpelier and a short drive from the sea. Run by Babette, a warm and friendly host and her husband, Phillippe, we were made very welcome and advised on where to eat and drink. The rooms are all tastefully furnished and a simple but delicious breakfast was served in the upstairs salon. Babette couldn't do enough for us and I would heartily recommend her charming hotel.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are delightful.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I was fortunate enough to stay here for business and if I was in this region again I would happily seek this hotel out. It's a boutique hotel so there aren't that many rooms but those they do have are all beautifully decorated and for the owner Babette and her husband this has obviously been a labour of love over the last few years. Babette is an enthusiastic and attentive host. On our second night there we were invited to have a glass of wine with her which then turned into several more before we tipsily stumbled out to the excellent Bar a Vin around the corner that she had recommended where incidentally I bought a couple of bottles of some of the nicest white wine I have ever tasted. A great stay and a hotel I'm happy to recommend wholeheartedly.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kieran012345
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Charming, romantic, VERY comfortable hotel! The owner is so helpful and hospitable....loved the wine tasting they offer for free as well! The hotel is situated in a very old village on a very quiet street. Parking our car was not a problem at all. Wonderful restaurants within a few minutes walking! We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pezenas
Garrigae Distillerie de Pezenas
L'Hotel Particulier
L'Hotel Particulier
#1 of 32 in Beziers
Hotel Navas Les Hauts de Moureze

Been to Hotel De Vigniamont? Share your experiences!