“Slow service and irritable waitresses . . .”

Restaurant Pizzeria Del Portel
Ranked #6 of 51 Restaurants in Figeac
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This restaurant has most of what it takes - good food, fun desserts, lovely outdoor terrace for dining during the summer, and nicely located. It is best known for its pizzas and 'moles frites' - steamed mussels and french fries. Both delicious! BUT beware - service is excruciatingly slow, especially if the waitresses were having a bad day. You could die of thirst or starvation before your meal is served. We stopped going because we just did not have all night to wait for our food. Waiting almost an hour to even get our beverage was one straw too many.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Agree with other reviewers, this is more of a brasserie than a pizza restaurant.
I had the best steak for quite a while and an enormous side salad and my partner had the truly homemade lasagne.
Good selection of house wine and appetising deserts too.
V busy for mid week in October and justifiably so. It seems as if everyone else shared our opinions as there were stacks of empty plates going back to the kitchen at the end of everyone else's meals too.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Though it's called a pizzeria and i suppose you could have pizza, we had a 3 course bistro meal which we very much enjoyed.Servings were generous and the service was prompt once the staff got through with a table of folks who spoke not a word of French yet expected explanations of the menu. (My dining companion and I almost went over to translate.)

Reviewed 11 September 2013

During my seven plus years as a resident of this area I an thoroughly recommend this family run restaurant. The title of pizzeria does not make a new customer think of anything other than a pizza place! Far from it. The food has always been excellent, the service better than some French restaurants - but if a bit slow it is usually because the place is packed out. I have never had a disappointing meal and although I am no longer living in France whenever I visit friends we always make a point of having at least one meal here. Bookings are advised.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

For the first time in France my husband and I walked out of a restaurant. We sat in the pretty terrace, less than half of tables occupied and two waitresses. Despite this we were not asked for our drinks order at all. We had to ask a member of staff for menus, she threw them towards us and ignored our attempt to order drink. We then attracted the attention of the other waitress who replied "deux minutes" and proceeded to serve other tables even those sat after us, walking past usseveral times. At the point of being tthere twenty minutes with no food or drink order being taken we walked out. Awful don't bother!!

1  Thank Natasha S