“A wonderful day out exploring El Tiede National Park”

One Day In Tenerife
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private tours focused on sightseeing, photography, gastronomy/winery and nature life in Tenerife, through a direct and personalized service.
Loughborough, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A wonderful day out exploring El Tiede National Park”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I found One Day in Tenerife via TripAdvisor after looking for something different from the hotel pool/beach for a day of our holiday and a way to learn more about the island of Tenerife. An email to Felix resulted in a prompt reply. Several emails later and our tailored trip up El Tiede and surrounding area was planned.
Felix was waiting outside our hotel at the agreed time of 8am, and has happy to wait a few extra minutes for the rest of my family to present themselves after breakfast. We set off for Tiede and Felix was keen to explain the many different aspects and history of the areas through which we traveled as well as the island itself of which he is clearly proud.
We arrived at the Tiede cable car before the morning rush (as advised by Felix) and Felix obtained the tickets which he had pre-booked to help avoid any delay. We chose to ascend Tiede without Felix and were happy of the advice to arrive early, as we could enjoy the walk and views at the top in relative isolation.
After returning to the base of the cable car, which was now rather busy, Felix took us to visit numerous other areas of the national park including views of the north of the island and different geological areas, all whilst continuing his narration and demonstrating his passion for the island. We choose not to include lunch as we had a large celebration meal the evening before but I'm sure it would have been wonderful. Felix took a number of photos throughout the day and was happy to supply us with copies on our return to the UK.
I'd have no hesitation in recommending Felix and One Day in Tenerife to others who wish to explore the island.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Fairy73
Onedayintenerife, Gerente at One Day In Tenerife, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hi family!

Thanks for the review, very detailed!!

Nice to have spend the birthday with me too! Or the following day, but anyway, nice moments!!

Greetings!

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous days out with Felix”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We spent two days with Felix last week while we were in Tenerife. The first day we went to the Teide National Park and Felix arranged for our cable car tickets so we could go up to Mount Teide. He emailed me the day before to let me know what the weather could be like up there which was very different to the weather in the south where we were staying. He advised us to bring jackets and walking shoes. We all needed our jackets on the top. Its really worth going up and going up early to avoid the queues. The National Park was amazing and we finished the day with a lovely Canarian meal which Felix had organised taking into account our dietary requirements.
On our second day with Felix we went to Masca which was absolutely amazing and the road there is quite a ride. Felix then arranged for us to go dolphin watching and we saw several dolphins and also a whale much to the delight of my two boys.
I would highly recommend Felix as a guide. He answered all the questions my 10 and 12 year old boys had for him. He tailored the 2 days so its was exactly what we wanted and he even took fabulous photos which he later emailed over to me.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Zee201400
Onedayintenerife, Gerente at One Day In Tenerife, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Hi family!

Thanks for accepting my recommendations, they all were thinking of your enjoyment and knowledge...

I hope you´ll come back to see the rest of the island!

Best regards!
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Custom el Teide with Felix”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Felix met us at the bottom of our ship's gangway and gave four of us a day we will never forget. The drive to the caldera up through the middle spine of mountains was spectacular and he clearly is so proud to articulate his special knowledge of his beautiful island. It was a splendid day. We would recommend Felix to anyone.

1 Thank MelOakville
Onedayintenerife, Gerente at One Day In Tenerife, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thanks to you 4 for the day we spent together!!

I hope to see you back again!!!

Greetings!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The highlight of our holiday!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Myself and my boyfriend have just arrived home from a week long holiday in Tenerife. We had a fabulous time on the beautiful island and the highlight of our trip had to be the One Day in Tenerife El Tiede excursion. Felix was passionate and knowledgeable and he made the trip what it was. Following our excursion we were taken to a beautiful, authentic Canary restaurant where we enjoyed delicious cuisine with the locals. I would definitely recommend the trip with Felix!
Nicola

1 Thank Nicola B
Onedayintenerife, Gerente at One Day In Tenerife, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Hi couple!

Thanks for the commentaries and also for enjoying so much the tour we did.

´til the next holidays!!!
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Deserves 10 Stars!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was our first ever experience of a private tour and it’s left us with the best possible impression. Oditen is far more just a job for Felix, enjoying and showing off his island is clearly his passion!

He took my friend and I on a tailor made tour of Mt Teide and Masca and made it an unforgettable day. After picking us up from Puerto De La Cruz bright and early, the trip started with being treated to a much needed coffee (which turned out to be proper Canarian coffee – yay!) then on to a scenic viewpoint and Mt Teide. As the scenery changed he explained the history and geology of what we were seeing, bringing it all to life. Then came the best part of all, the opportunity to go right to the top because he’d already sorted permits for us! Masca was breathtaking with more explanations of the area and the opportunity to experience diffent weather patterns at altitude made it educational without even trying. We didn't set out to learn but couldn't help it!

The things that made this trip stand out for us were the little things that meant a lot. Coffee, local chocolates, use of his sticks to climb the mountain (when I turned up in totally inappropriate footwear), the opportunity to literally stop and open the door just to take a picture of a unique flower which only grows one month of the year and even the offer of use of sunscreen in case we’d forgotten ours… Things like that are the difference between very good and outstanding! (Plus the fact that he stayed back with me for the entire hike because I’m not the strongest or fastest person in the world. Not necessary but very much appreciated) And the other things that one would automatically expect like the clean well maintained vehicle and safe driving (especially on the road to Masca.)

Our review might be long, but that's because we genuinely can't stop talking about it. We felt safe in his care and it felt like spending a day out with a friend.

We would both recommend Oditen in a heartbeat, again taking this opportunity to thank him once again for taking good care of us (and tolerating my cough), finding us real Canarian food (yummy!), and for taking us out on a day that was more like being shown around by a local friend than sitting on a soulless structured tour (of which there are already many on the island). And obviously we would not hesitate to take another tour if we’re ever back on the Island. (The Jurassic one does look rather amazing!)

This tour is rated highly on here for all the right reasons because it truly is an outstanding day out in Tenerife!

3 Thank ebabz123
Onedayintenerife, Gerente at One Day In Tenerife, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Many many thanks!!! Have no words to say what I feel.

It was a pleasure to get the tickets for the top, and all the rest of the things that happened were also because you appreciated it!

The "jurasic" garden waits for you!! come back soon!