“Wonderful meal with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Morel's

Morel's
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful meal with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

We ate here with some local friends who wanted to show us the beautiful village of Aubterre sur drone, the countywide and rive and finish off with a great meal. It all worked for us and I agree, a Michellin star yet to be awarded.

Farnham, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

My wife and I eat the menu of the day for lunch at the beginning of December 2011. The restaurant is very pleasing but the service is a little slow. I found the cooking no better that good home cooking. Nothing was excellent but nothing was poor. It was just very ordinary. Ordinary that is except for the price of the wine. We paid 25 euros for a Bordeaux Superior which I would expect to cost 6-7 euros from their wine merchant.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank michael a
Laprade
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

The best restaurant In aubeterre by FAR!
I do not understand previous comment.The service was excellent and the Maitre Di was charming. The best meal I have had in a long time. Rich and Delicious.
Michelin star without the michelin price!
The hotel itself was wonderful, and the gym was fantastic. I also had a treatment in the spa and The lady was very professional and did the massage I have ever had!
I highly recomend it!

• Visited July 2011
Lymington, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, appalling service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

We visited with a friend who was buying us lunch to say thank you. The dining room and terrace have been enlarged sympathetically to handle increased business. We chose the 26 Euro menu and the food was very good indeed. HOWEVER....the service was truly awful. There was only the Maitre d' and a young girl serving 50 people so it was slow - no one offered us a menu or drink for 10 mins. after sitting down. We were expecting 5 courses, and questioned why the cheese was left out to be told it was only an alternative to dessert. We were charged for 5 courses on the bill so queried it and the Maitre d' was so rude, I still can't believe it. I thought that sort of patronising French behaviour towards foreigners was long gone. Safe to say, we won't be going back.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Pippinpony
Bath
“Michelin cuisine without the Michelin price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

Ate the most superb four course evening meal here in October 2010 from one of three set menus on offer. Spectacularly cooked and presented food at very reasonable prices. One of our party who has expertise in these matters felt the only "problem" that could be levelled at this hotel based restaurant is that the wine list did not match the quality of the food, but it seemed fine to me! Gerard, the Maitre D was friendly and attentive - impressive as the restaurant was not suprisingly perhaps, completely full. Can't remember the exact price for the meal, but the value struck all of us in our party as exceptional given the sheer high quality of the food provided.

1 Thank IgnatiusJBath