Wafts of cooking and shelf upon shelf of jams, tapenades and sauces greet you as you walk into the farmhouse. Then through comes smiling Carole. After stumbling through some bad GCSE French we finally resort to English as hers is better than mine!
The layout of the farm house is as close to a dream layout as I've seen. Covered courtyard with enveloping walls and rooms. Carole's wedding dress standees proudly on show. At the other end of the pool lies 4 acres of pumpkin field.
Dinner is by far and away the title event. We had it twice out of the three nights we were there. You sit round the table with other guests, which makes for fascinating chat, and then Julien joins. Our first night was
o Aperitif of peach wine and cheesy pastry thing
o Starter of garlic and ratatouille ronde
o Mains of beef stew and rosemary roasted potatoes and minced meat
o Ghosts cheese in Olive Oil and herbs
o Fig pudding
4 hours of chat later, the wine is still flowing. This is really home from home. Julien's dry humour adds totally to the whole experience.
Sitting by the pool in the hot September sun was the perfect way to end what had been a brilliant summer in London. We can not believe we've left it so long before discovering Provence. Julien and Carole have left a wonderful impression on us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Familly farm in the middle of Provence in front of Luberon Near Gordes Roussillon Isle sur sorgue and many village of Provence Come to try our cooking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sous L'olivier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sous l`Olivier Hotel Lagnes
- Sous L'Olivier Lagnes, Provence-Alpes-Cote D'Azur, France