We stayed at Sous L'Olivier for a week in August. Julien was a great host and excellent chef. Dinner is optional and we ate in 4 nights during our stay. The food was great (5 courses!) and the the atmosphere excellent as all guests share a long courtyard table. We were able to practice our French and other guests could practice their English. Breakfast is also superb with a very wide choice (cereals, juice, pastries, croissants, cheese, ham, etc) and lots of home made preserves. However, do not expect a full English breakfast (believe me, it is not a loss given the alternatives available). The house itself is the converted family home and is a large stone-built building. Our room (Olive) was on the first floor to the side of the courtyard. It was light, airy and homely furnished. The bathroom was clean and a good size with a bath (unusual) as well as shower. The outside areas included a large lawned area, a good sized pool (fenced as required) and both an open courtyard and covered seating areas. The house is surrounded on 3 sides by fields. The slight downside was some road noise. The house is set back about 100m from the road but at night some noise was noticeable --- it all depends where you live as to whether this a problem -- we live on a very quiet road and the noise was mildly disturbing, if you come from a town then you may not even notice it. The house is well situated for outings -- our daughters went horse riding, there is a great river canoe centre (gentle canoeing!) and lots of walking, hill top villages etc. Avignon is nearby as well as other interesting towns. It is the middle of the Ventoux/Luberon wine areas and Chateauneuf du Pape is about 45 mins drive away. You do need a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Familly farm in the middle of Provence in front of Luberon Near Gordes Roussillon Isle sur sorgue and many village of Provence Come to try our cooking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sous L'olivier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sous l`Olivier Hotel Lagnes
- Sous L'Olivier Lagnes, Provence-Alpes-Cote D'Azur, France