“The most spacious and cosy challet”
Review of Chalet Lucette

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vaujany
Chalet Lucette
London, United Kingdom
“The most spacious and cosy challet”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My first time with Ski Peak, I thought I would try a different area and atmosphere, it was a great success.

Lucette is very cosy and warm, really well located and is in the midst of a traditional village with brilliant connections to Vaujany and Alpe D'Huez.

The staff were some of the most friendly and helpful I have ever come across on any holiday and we had an exceptional chef, he catered to my daughter's gluten allergy without forgoing any of the flavour, the family felt very spoilt.

This is a place everyone should go.

Charlie.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was lucky enough to stay at Chalet Lucette in January. I was with a large group of friends and had one of the best trips Ive ever been on. The staff where brilliant, friendly, helpful and fun. The food was amazing, and the beer and wine was great too.

The resort is a lovely one, great little bars and friendly places to go out and eat. The slopes are great, long runs suited for all levels of boarders or skiers.

I would not hesitate at all to go back again at all!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Chalet Lucette is a very cosy chalet. It is quite intimate so it would be best if people knew each other well as it is on the smaller side so perfect for a big extended family, or two families who are good friends. Very comfortable beds and squashy sofas. Only criticism is that the water heating system is a bit variable in the evening for some reason. Ski Peak is a great organisation though and they are always ready to help. Food and wine wonderful, as usual. We have gone for six years in a row now.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2014

When I arrived at Chalet Lucette with my friends in March, we were greeted by very friendly and accommodating staff. After stepping through the door to Chalet Lucette and seeing the beautifully laid table (with wine a plenty), I could not wait for what was in store for dinner... I was NOT disappointed! Beautifully cooked french cuisine proudly introduced to us by the chef, promptly followed by a chorus of 'mmmm' by all.

After a much needed sleep in a clean and comfortable double bed, a help yourself breakfast was prepared at the table, which looked more than adequate...only to be asked by our host "how would you like your eggs cooked?". I hadn't asked for eggs...but I like that she had made this assumption. Poached it is!

Returning from a long day on the slopes, fresh coffee and cake awaited us!

I know food is a common theme in this review... but it was truly excellent and always served with a smile. Even if you did not fancy the menu, the staff would make a conscious effort to cook something to please your pallet. Be sure to let them know in advance so you are not disappointed.

Overall, I would highly recommended Ski Peak. The staff were excellent (and managed to handle all my friends for a week without battering an eyelid). Accommodation was clean and comfortable and fantastic value for money. And as I may have mentioned...the food was pretty good too :)

My friends and I will be returning...VERY SOON! Thanks Ski Peak.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Some friends and I stayed at the chalet back in April 2013 and had a great time! It's the first time I've snowboarded so I was excited by the prospect of chalet life and I wasn't disappointed. The chalet itself is gorgeous, set in a nice quiet town. It has a lovely log fire and comfy and homely lounge areas perfect for winding down after a day on the slopes/falling down a mountain.
The staff were out of this world. Very professional but relaxed at the same time. They are very friendly and full of advice and help if you need it. Pip was our host and she was incredible. The chef was so good, I didnt want to come home! Little cakes baked fresh for when you get back and the breakfast!! Speechless!
Overall it was a great holiday and I've already recommended Ski Peak to my friends and family and I'll definitely be going back soon! It's great value for money, I've never eaten so much! Food is top notch

Thanks again for an amazing time Ski Peak, see you again soon!

• Stayed April 2013
Stow-on-the-Wold, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Firstly, thank goodness there is finally a Tripadvisor page for Chalet Lucette! Now I can tell you all what an amazing experience I had back in 2013.

My friends and I are keen skiers and snowboarders, so after hearing about the excellent service and time some other friends had with Ski Peak (the organisers) and Vaujany, we decided to try it for ourselves. We are so glad we did!

The service from Ski Peak from start to finish was impeccable, very friendly and attentive front of house staff that always greeted us with a smile and chatted away. The food was always delicious, the 'special' breakfast each day was greatly enjoyed by our whole group, a personal favourite being the chorizo hash and fired egg! Perfect before a full day on the slopes! A packed lunch was provided each day for us to take out, a hearty meat and cheese baguette to keep us going.

When we returned to the Chalet it was always spotless with a delicious cake selection and hot drink available before the main meal later. This was served at a time that suited us and was always a freshly prepared, varied and delightful three course meal. Hats off to the Chef!

The Chalet was brilliant, great size, comfy beds, hot showers, great views, roaring fire, plenty of games and a big balcony too.

Vaujany itself is a beautiful little French town in the Alps with some great restaurants and a few bars for the Après Ski. Stiefs Steakhouse Cafe was a favourite and thoroughly enjoyed by our whole group!

The resort itself is one of the best I've ridden. Loads of variety, easy to navigate with cable cars and gondolas and with the larger town of Alpe d'Huez easy to ski down to as well. For the more experienced skier there is the Sarenne run, the longest black run in Europe!

Will I go back? Planning it for winter 2015 already! Thanks for everything Ski Peak!

Jake