We stayed here over New Year 2012. Having stayed at other P&V premium resorts, we expected standards to meet our previous experiences.
The building itself is far more attractive the the rest of Flaine, however is isolated and is not strictly ski in-ski out, as advertised.
To ski out is easy. Getting back to the apartments is more tricky. One has to be back before the lifts close at 1615 and the Tourmaline run that must be skied in order to be on the correct route is very busy, can be icy and is an intermediate run. At the end of the day, the queue for the Grand Vans lift (to the Tourmaline) was crazy. We waited 25 minutes and gave up one day.
If you don't ski back, then you need to squash onto a bus or walk uphill for 15 minutes.
The apartment was smaller than a classic apt in other resorts, though we'd paid for a superior category. Windows, kitchen and furniture were grubby and internet access was abysmal. We were also not allowed individual internet passwords and were told we had to share (4 people in a superior apartment for 6)!
I liked Flaine, but would not pay premium £'s to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A car-free resort which blends in perfectly with the surrounding countryside. Luxury residence with an easy access to the slopes "Top of the range", spacious and comfortable apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Premium Residence Les Terrasses d'Eos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre And Vacances Flaine Montsoleil Terrasses d`Eos
- Pierre & Vacances Flaine Montsoleil Terrasses d`Eos Hotel Flaine
- Residence Hotel Flaine