“Great for a Ski Trip”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flaine
UCPA Flaine les Lindars
Ranked #1 of 1 Flaine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We booked this late in the Ski season in 2014 and were very excited but worried as the price was relatively cheap. We were far from disappointed with this experience. UCPA is a one stop shop for skier's. Room, food, ski hire, lift passes and instruction are all included in the price and each seems to work seamlessly.

The building itself is very basic. Best described as Hostel styled accommodation and poised to cater for large groups. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable enough (though after a week of skiing I could've slept on a park bench). We stayed in a 2 person shared room with own bathroom so if you are looking for the larger share groups, I can not comment here. There was some noise in the nights earlier in the week but this did get dealt with fairly quickly.

The food a buffet style with a good range of options. Just remember that it is cheap and a buffet and you will be pleasantly surprised. I did fall into the trap of having 3 hot meals a day though and paid for it in the end!

The staff were good when initially getting ski gear and lift passes. This is a slow process but as you can imagine there are a large amount of people all doing the same thing at the same time. The only issue we had with staff was at the bar where it was obvious that the staff favored serving French speaking customers over English speaking. Not that this offends me much as I do not speak much French but I was standing at the bar alone and the bar staff would serve a French speaking customer when they came to the bar and then walk away. I did complain directly with the staff members and this was never followed up. Again wasn't a major issue but did stop us from using this facility.

Flaine is amazing and the skiing excellent. We had a major dump of snow early in the week so each morning was picturesque with exceptional conditions for skiing. This location is mostly ski in and ski out and the area has many runs to offer beginners to advanced. The instructors hired by UCPA are excellent and even the experienced skier will have something new to learn.

Overall this was a great experience. I would definitely go back to a UCPA as its easy and offers everything in one package. As for the issues with one area of staff, it wouldn't put me off returning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ben G

Reviewed 1 April 2014

hello we stayed here 2 times and didnt really have a problem with any thing. the village is nice but is very exspensve . £7 a pint and food was a lot. but the snow boarding is spot on. so many slopes and with the grand massif pass you can just keep going to village to village over the tops. we went to a little village each day called morillon which is stunning. it was so nice we went there next holiday to stay in a hotel there. both are very nice

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gavin L
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Everything is included (breakfast, lunch, dinner, 6 1/2 day ski pass, equipament rent and class), but you will have to clean your room when you leave.
Here you will stay inside the montain. When you leave the UCPA you are already in the snow.
After the ski, there is no much stuff to do here.
Free internet does not works, when there are a lot of people in the lobby.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This was my 3rd experience skiing with UCPA. If you are looking for a cheap way to ski in France, this is definitely one of the best options I have come across. The best aspect of UCPA Flaine is the fact that you can literally ski from the door step of the centre. The location to the pistes is perfect. As other reviewers mention, do not expect a luxurious stay. Rooms are very basic but are great considering the prices of packages. I stayed in a twin room with my partner, which included two single beds and an attached bathroom. Everything was clean on our arrival. We were provided with sheets and pillow cases, however I recommend bringing sleeping bags along to avoid using the spreads provided. Bringing your own bathtowel is a must! Fullboard is provided in the cost of your package, and considering the price....the food is great!!!

Definitely recommend skiing in Flaine. Lots of lifts and a mix of runs. You can also ski between a number of smaller resorts in the area of the Grand Massif.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed here for a week during a New Year ski trip and found it to be excellent value for money. Stayed in a twin room, it was clean and an adequate size. The bathroom was also clean. I am vegetarian and did find that the veggie options were limited to carbs and vegetables only but it was fine. Loved the ski in ski out location of the centre, this was definitely the best part! I had 12 hours worth of lessons and the instructor was very good, I learnt lots and improved massively. The night-life is a bit quiet although we did have a really good night out on New Year. Would recommend this centre as it was excellent value for money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2013

As a UCPA, dont expect luxury. Rooms are reasonably sized, and basically clean, but you will have to tidy up at the end of your stay.
Food is plentiful, and keeps you going all day!

Incredible value for money, if done as a package with instructors, ski hire & lift passes.
Good variety of ski runs if your group is mixed experts/beginners.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I had high expectations of this UCPA trip, as we had really enjoyed our stay at the UCPA Les Contamines in 2012. Friends who had been to Flaine before had said that the UCPA there was far better and so we were keen. One must keep in mind that these are very budget properties, so one cannot expect the Ritz.
The rooms were nice, and it was better to have your own bathroom (the other one had 2 rooms share one bathroom which I hated as I'm not accustomed to this). The kids entertainment area left a lot to be desired. The main downfall was the restaurant. It is huge and extremely noisy at meal times. It has the feel of a school canteen, and the food was only just mediocre. I had been told that the food was good, so this was most disappointing. In fact, the person who had said this was with us, and was also most disappointed with the cuisine.
Having said that, the snow conditions are fabulous, and that alone would make me go back. We have skied in Czech Republic, various places in USA, various places in Austria, in Switzerland and in France, and I can absolutely say that the snow conditions together with the lifts etc, are really very good in Flaine.
One really bad thing was that there were a number of thefts while we were at the UCPA Flaine - from inside the hotel. One friend left her bag on a chair and walked away for a short time, and when she returned the bag was gone - and quite a lot of money was in it. Yes, she should not have left the bag unattended, but one does not expect something to go missing in front of a whole bunch of people. Then another friend did not leave on our coach. Like most of us, he left his baggage in the reception area while waiting for the coach. The ENTIRE suitcase was pinched along with his jacket hanging over it. We were told that the reception had security camera's, but some excuse was given for them not being able to see who the thief was. So, do keep your personal belongings close.

Room Tip: If it's only skiing and/or snowboarding you want, then this is the place to go.