“Amazing hotel and staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malia
Village Oasis Studios and Apartments
Ranked #50 of 77 Speciality Lodging in Malia
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel and staff”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

A very clean hotel with very friendly staff have loved my stay here and would recomend to anyone.
Food is also very good and the breakfast especially the bacon is really nice.

The reps are really fun to be around and the trips are worth the money especially the paint party.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We had an amazing holiday the oasis complex is about a 10 minute walk from the strip and about 15/20 from the beach which was a bit of a pain.. But it's a nice walk apart from all the PRs!

The hotel is so basic, there was a sink, a camping stove and a kettle with a fridge, no toaster or microwave so we literally had a pot noodle in the room.. Other than that take a few extra euro to eat out if you were banking on the self catering facilities haha..

The strip is amazing if you follow the plan with 18-30s it's a bit steep in price but you will have an absolute ball!

The hotel was clean, and maid service came to ur room twice during the week. No towels provided and be really careful not to damage anything as there is a hefty bill to pay for damage haha (they're vide you with a list)

Got to be quiet, can't have people in your hotel room drinking due to insurance and the security is great there, don't know if you'd class that as good or bad ha...

Overall wouldn't stay there again however it served its purpose for our stay.. Don't agree with the 3 star rating from thomas cook.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Malia hotels

Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2013

For the price you pay for 18-30 holidays, you get the proverbial pee taken out of you.
If you spent a bit of time on booking.com looking for hotels and browsing flights, you can definitely get holidays at about 60% of the price the travel agent will offer you.

I stayed here in Summer 2011 on my first "lads" holiday. Having read all the horrendous reviews, we were rather sceptical about what we had booked but thought it can't be that bad - and it wasn't.

The standard of hotels in the Greek islands is pretty poor to begin with, so wherever you go don't expect what you're used to.
We got a ground floor room in the apartments a 30 second walk from the main hotel.
The rooms aren't the biggest, or the cleanest, and the air conditioning only really cools down one of the 2 rooms.

The first thing you do when you get there - look for EVERY fault you can find with the room, take pictures of them and write them down. Everything you get with the room - chairs, plates, knives, forks - count them and write them down.
Show the written information to your rep and ask them to sign their name next to it.
- it is commonplace for the hotel to hold your passport back on the last day and force you to pay astronomical prices for "missing" or "broken" items.
That didn't happen to me, but 2 of my friends in another room had to pay €80 to replace a chair they never had in the first place. It's ridiculous, but that's what happens in these places.

We found the staff at the hotel to be extremely friendly all week. On the first day I got 4 free bottles of beer from the barman because I asked for it in Greek - to say he was shocked was an understatement!

Every day, a maid came in to give our room a general clean up and every day she changed our bedding.
When she does this - give her a few euros, she probably only earns €3 an hour!

It's a 10 minute walk to the strip from the hotel. I got lost on one or two occasions as the streets are dark at night, but you'll learn quickly!

Bottom line is... go with an open mind. It's not very nice, but if all you want is 4 walls and a bed for a week while you go out and get disgracefully drunk each night on quadruple vodkas then you'll do just fine.

Room Tip: Don't book 18-30! Leave the aircon on during the day!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Domo1888
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We went to Malia in a group of 4 girls in August 2012. Before we went we read the reviews and were very worried as we read many bad ones. However when we got there we pleasantly surprised. The rooms are very basic, but clean and what you would expect for what you pay. The reps do try and get you to buy an event package but I would advise you to be selective and choose one or two you really want to go to. Otherwise it is a waste of money, and you won't make it to all of them. The hotel is in Malia Old town which is literally a 5 minute walk from the strip. This is better as when going home you can escape the noise of the strip. The hotel bar is reasonably priced for both food and drink and we all enjoyed every meal we had there. Its great for just a snack for by the pool. It is also great if you want something after a night out, asa it is open 24 hours. The only put off may be that before a night out the security guard comes round at around 11pm and tells you to keep the noise down (turn music off). I would advise that you check the room thoroughly when you arrive to avoid being charged. We had to pay a 50 euro fine for a chip in the shower, which we are positive was already there.

Malia in general is a great place for a first holiday. We reccommend to eat at Gringos Mexican and Sticky Fingers Grill. These are two great restaurants. On a night out Candy club and Safari are both great. Also Reflex is great for cheesy 80s music. Definitely head down to the beach as well, its a really good way to spend a day!

This hotel is great value for money, is lovely for sitting by the pool in the day and in an ideal location for both crazy nights or quiet drinks in. Would highly reccommend!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Natalia W
London
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I went here in August 2012. When you arrive a rep takes you to your room and tries to persuade you to buy their packages, me and my friend bought this expensive package as It sounded great but hardly went to any of the events they went as they weren't fun and you could get tickets for these events much cheaper on the strip! So my advice is don't buy the Club Rep Package.

Also my room had ants in the bathroom and smelt horrible. There was also a wasp nest on our balcony. The food is horrible and if you want to take someone back to your room, you have to pay. They know if you have taken someone back as they have CCTV everywhere, our room was 24/7 checked on by the security guard.

If you're high maintenance I wouldn't book here, but If you're hardly in your room It isn't that bad...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I booked for 10 of us girls to have a week away in Malia at the cheapest price we could find. We ended up booking through Thomas Cook, which included the Club 18-30 experience. We didn't really research the hotel properly before booking, however after reading many of the reviews we became incredibly worried about where we would be staying. We had prepared ourselves for the worst. When we arrived, we were greeted by two northen ladies that told us that we were going to be in the worst accommodation ever and that we should just book another hotel. However when we entered the rooms, they were clean, working air conditioning and shower rooms. It is basic, however if you're looking for a cheap and clean hotel, then this was the best place to stay. Its about 3 minutes walk to the top of the strip, and located in 'old' malia, its beautiful. For a bunch of us girls we were able to have a nice meal out before hitting the stip. It has a greek supermarket round the corner so you dont have to walk all the way down to the spa every day! The pool does get crowded but we managed to plan our days by the pool when everyone was on the booze cruse (we get sea sick, we were at every other event). this was one of the best weeks ever, the hotel was basic but just what we needed, and not loud so you could sleep after a night out! loved it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
13 Thank nbbackpack
Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

Arrived at the Oasis Village at 2am shattered from travelling all night so was looking forward to going for a nice sleep but we were immediately followed into our rooms by the hotel rep and asked if we wanted to go on skanky trips etc. Ever heard of privacy? The travel provider was 18-30 as that's all that was left due to booking the week before our holiday, doesn't mean we want to tramp about like someone off Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents. We were told in the travel agents that all trips are voluntarily and nobody will try and 'force' them on you. This is not the case. It was only due to the fact that myself and my friend cringed so much through the talk of the trips that the half cut rep left us to it and got the hint.

We were put in the very first room you come to on the ground floor! Can't describe how much hate I have for it. The door has a gap at the bottom so you can literally here everything! Everytime some idiot had lost their key it'd be BANG! BANG! on every door and f this and f that. I can honestly say I didn't feel safe here at all! Especially since our balcony backed onto the very back of the hotel which is a dodgy back road so you can't leave your door open or the backward security man starts shouting abuse at you with a laser pen.

I can honestly say I didn't sleep at all this whole holiday, I know it's Malia and you're their to have a laugh and get drunk but don't folk need to get a second wind from a nap? I do!

We had a studio room that was for three people but there were only two of us so it felt like an alright size. Didn't have any complaints about the room itself, could've been a bit cleaner but after you've got over the initial shower experience and wiped everywhere down yourself you get over it!

The food at the hotel was like something from a greasy spoon. There I was wanting a bit of Tzatziki and some pitta but only white foods available. Chicken burger, chicken toastie, cheese toastie, cheese and chips! Basically this hotel caters for freaky English folk who are uncultured and want a bit of Blackpool with sun. I feel sorry for the Greeks that they have had to cater to this kind of customer for so long. Prices vary from 3 euros for a toastie for 5 for a burger. Drinks are really dear and God forbid you drink anything at the hotel you didn't buy there! They will take it off you.

The pool experience was another delight of the holiday. I can honestly say it was like the Inbetweeners film where they pray they've been sent to the wrong Hotel. It wasn't cleaned the whole time we were there and you need a pool when it's so hot. I wish I'd taken a picture, there was sand, fags, water bottles and other mysterious substances in the pool. Loads of the drains along the side of the pool were broke as well so you would cut your foot as you walked around it. Baddddd! The best thing I witnessed was a lovely looking specimen sat in a penguin dingy, smoking a fag with a can in his hand dropping his ash into the pool! I don't know why you would let someone do this at your hotel?! Disgusting.

Hmm any positives? The hotel is set back in the old town so no annoying PRs to hastle you! San Georgios is just down the road from the hotel and does the most amazing Greek night! Smashing plates and dancing!

I sound like a whinger but I have stayed in Malia twice befor, had the best holiday and have stayed in really nice, clean hotels on the strip: Danaides and Dianyssos. So I know what to expect for my money and this was just a joke. Tried our best to spend as little time here as possible but evidently it did put a dark cloud over the whole holiday!

Only stay here if you enjoy having NO sleep, like to feel unsafe, like dirty pools, like pervy 30 plus year old men, like toasties and girls that give Jeremy Kyle guest a run for their money!

ENJOY!

Oh also they make you pay for stuff in your room, even if it was already broken! Nice little business.

• Stayed August 2012