“Everything we needed, wanted and more!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malia
Village Oasis Studios and Apartments
Ranked #56 of 79 Speciality Lodging in Malia
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
“Everything we needed, wanted and more!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Booked this place last minute with Thomas Cook for 4 girls at the end of June, and we all actually had the best stay here! If we were to ever come back to Malia, I would honestly stay here again!

Transfer - A number of staff were holding boards of their company; (there were loads of Thomas Cook's!) Once we got passed the crowds, a rep directed us onto which coach we had to get onto and it was as simple as that. We had a rep, Charlie, travel with us who tried to keep the 'bantz bus' going along the journey, which didn't really work out, but was funny never-the-less. We had about 4 drop offs before we arrived and this overall journey took about 15-20 minutes.

First impressions - It was night time, but the music from the charts was blasting out from the hotel and we were greeted by another holiday rep and two more staff members, who checked us in.
You had to leave your passports behind in reception for one night, but we left ours throughout the entire holiday, because everyone else did.
We then hired the safety deposit box out; (sorry I can't remember the price, but it was about £5-£10 each.)
They also tried to sell us the air-con but it was such a rip off, so some nights we just had to sweat, but it was fairly cool in the room anyway. (Also, half way through our holiday we got asked if we wanted to purchase air-con for a reduced price as the weather was apparently going to raise out of the roof - but they were talking a load of crap.)

Our room number was 101, which was the very first room, next to reception, which was great because we didn't have to carry our suitcases up the stairs haha and was great for coming home too when you just wanted to pass out.

(For some reason this random girl walked into the room with us, (who was a drunken mess and had just been in a fight) and wouldn't shut up about this fight she hadn't meant to get into. But this wasn't the staffs fault.)

Room 101 - EXTREMELY BASIC. But what do you expect for less than £200? TV didn't work and there weren't that many appliances for our "kitchen". But still extremely clean and fine.

THE WELCOME MEETING - So, we arrived at around midnight and our rep came into our room and told us everything we wanted to know but then tried selling their package 'deals'. DON'T LISTEN TO THE REPS IN THE WELCOME MEETING! As lovely as they all were, the package deals are a complete rip off! ......Stupidly and regrettably we brought it for over £200 each!!
We didn't even go to half the stuff that was in the 'deal' and this meant we spent over half our budget for the entire holiday on the first few seconds of entering our room.

The hotel itself - So cute! The bar is open 24/7 and the bar staff are so lovely and speak English very well! ...Unfortunately this also meant the music was blasting out 24/7 (literally) and room 101 being right next to the main area, was quite annoying when we came home at like 7 in the morning and just wanted to sleep!

GOT WOKEN UP EVERY DAY BY THE REPS! Annoying as hell! We'd legit just walk through the door, close our eyes and our reps would bang on the door. Sometimes I honestly don't even know what they wanted, it was just so annoying! Even if you just ignored them, they wouldn't accept it, they'd just keep banging on the door!

There was a lil shop, literally about 5 minutes away, which was really handy!

Location - AMAZING! In a cute old village; about 7-10 minute walk away from the main strip; restaurants around us which had loads of locals in; and just walk able distance to everything.

Food - amazing, reasonably priced!
Drinks - Rather expensive!

Going Home - Got kicked out our room by 1100 and our transfer back to the airport wasn't until 10PM, so waiting around all day was hell! The reps played 'goodbye' and 'leaving' songs, which was nice & funny. Pretty much everyone put their suitcases at one side of the pool area, which was great because it felt safe and simply because everyone else's were there too.
We then collect our passports back from reception, which the reps called out our room numbers to collect, so clearly everyone else did the same as us.
Met some lovely people, so said goodbye to them.
And then hugged and said bye to our reps too, Gemma was lovely and so gorgeous!

Our other holiday rep couldn't work out who was going on which coach transfer back, but we managed to find the right out in the end.

Feel like I just wrote an essay, but hope it helps y'all!

Overall stay - 9/10! Truly amazing!

Room Tip: 101 was amazing (except you don't get a balcony as it's on the bottom floor, its a very smal...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Phoebe X

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
East Anglia, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here in August 2014 for a week with 4 other boys. The reps were always on your case to buy tickets to events which you can get for cheaper elsewhere. Our rep tried to take 260 euros each from us in the first fifteen minutes.
We got told we were staying in the 'Village Oasis Hotel', however we were put in apartments called 'Patricia'. It was short walk from the main hotel but we got falsely advertised which I feel is wrong to do.
I witnessed the hotel manager threatening a hotel member over a 'silly' incident which I and everybody else who heard about it would call it. The lad had a little to drink and found a walking stick in a bush opposite the hotel which he then picked up and was playing with it (which person who is in need of a walking stick leaves their stick in a bush?). They caught the lad on CCTV playing with the walking stick, which did belong to an old man and the hotel manager started shouting at him in Greek calling him a bas*ard. He was also screaming that he 'will send him to jail for 1 year'. Really? Over a walking stick? Rubbish!
The hotel is based in an old village which is surrounded by locals and therefore no music was allowed to be played after about 11pm.. However in Malia we got out at about 1/2am.. Also, we were not allowed to stand on our own balcony after 11pm. The security guards shouts and makes more noise than everyone in the hotel!
The hotel is also a good 10 minute walking distance from the strip which is not so good when you're drunk and just want to get to bed!! This hotel is suited more for families.
Hot water? You'll be lucky.. It was a hit and hope with hot water in this hotel. Myself and my friends had no hot water after 11pm which I didn't understand and when we questioned the hotel staff they said it was an 'electrical issue'. For 6 days straight? Yeah right!
NO towels were provided. Only ONE toilet roll was provided. The beds are hard as rock (done my back in).
The only good thing was the SUN!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joe B
Armadale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel is very nice and clean. The bar staff were very friendly including the wee dude who operates as a slave picking up plates, taking out food orders and cleaning the pool area.

We were expecting some modest commodities during our visit - towels and toilet roll. Nope. When I asked the maid for some toilet roll I was told 'sooopermarkeeet'.

The air con and safe was chargeable at 80€ which I didn't mind so much but wasn't exactly doing kartwheels.

The location is perfect if you want to visit the old town - great local food and a friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lewish87
Reviewed 12 August 2014

As a group of 7 girls on our first girls holiday we were worried about some of the reviews we had seen on here for village oasis, but we had no need to worry!! All staff were amazing and made us feel welcome as soon as we got there, the hotel and pool area is really nice and clean. I think some people forget that it's only a 3 star hotel, you get exactly what you pay for! The rooms are basic but nice which is exactly what we hoped for, you don't notice things like the odd ant and a bit of dirt in the corner of the mirror because everything else is perfect!
The bar staff were amazing especially Andy with his dogs bollocks!! We never had a problem with any of the staff and didn't get any charges, if you respect the hotel you will get respect back. The security guard is actually really nice if you're nice to him, we actually found his angry screams of 'BE QUIET' hilarious! The reps are amazing and made sure we were having the best time especially Gav April and Gemma. Recommend the paint party and project x on the beach they were both amazing!
The walk to strip is about 5 minutes and we all found it really safe, everyone was so friendly we never had any trouble! The food at the hotel was so nice we ate there literally every day and the 24 hour bar is perfect, if you like eating out i recommend San Giorgios which is round the corner and so nice!
Would really recommend this hotel and Malia in general to anyone going on a girls/lads holiday couldn't think of anything bad to say about it at all!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Georgie B
Narberth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Loved it! 7 of us girls, 2 rooms, right next door to each other, clean and tidy. Air con was brilliant, really cold which was amazing when it was so hot outside. Never ate anywhere else, had breakfast, lunch and super there - really good value for money! Pool was big enough for the 140+ staying there, very clean! Security are strict but it is needed as the hotel is surrounded by locals.
A 5 minute walk from the strip, and just about a km to the beach but the journey is easily done. A little shop around the corner with all the basics you need. The owner Zack is fab, such a laugh and a great help as well.
All of us enjoyed our stay, and said if we ever went back to Malia, we'd go here again!

RECOMMEND IT IF YOUR ON A GIRLS/LADS HOLIDAY!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tesni G
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Second time stayin at this hotel, and i would definitely recommend it! Very clean rooms, might find the odd load of ants if ya keep your door open like we did llf... the staff were so friendly, always chattin away to ya wether it was by the pool or at the bar! The hotel has lovely food also and its a 24hr bar! Reps were April, Charlie, Gemma & Dec, and i have to say couldnt have asked for a nicer bunch! They made our holiday worth while! Hotel has security and they were about whenever we were comin home(dependin on what time we arrived to our appartment at haha) couldnt say a bad thing about the place! Walkim distance from the strip and the beach isnt far off either.... :-)

• Stayed June 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is the first holiday I have booked with Thomas Cook, generally I book with Thomson or book flights/hotel seperatly.
I am ex Emirates cabin crew and have travelled the world. This is by far THE WORST place I have ever been to!

I have been to some dangerous places, I have shopped alone in Rio de Janeiro, walked the streets of Ghana, Lagos and Tanzania and I have never felt as un-safe EVER than when I arrived here.

First of all the transfer dropped us in the middle of the strip at 4am so we had to scramble about between the drunk/paraletic teenagers to ask bar staff/anyone where our hotel may be! Eventually we found it after walking around a mile... We checked in at THE BAR as there was no hotel lobby/reception, where they took our passports. We had to wait 40 minutes for a secruity guard to escourt us to our room as it was in a block of flats about 1000m from the bar/main hotel block.

After dragging my case down alley ways with greek men smoking/drinking in them and elderly people sat with no shoes on outside there flat I walked into the most revolting 'room' I could possibly imagine.
No toilet roll, no towels, no oven, no cooker, no hob, no toaster, no microwave, just a fridge that smelt of mouldy cabbage. The shower was a hose handing on the wall, the height of my waist and was freezing cold. The room smelt of stagnant water and the bed looked as if it was about to collapse, never mind the stained/holey sheets on them. Just when I thought it couldnt possibly get any worse, under my bed I found a dirty condom and another in the wardrobe.

I went to 'reception' first thing at 10am as I couldnt sleep to ask for my passport and was told no by the bar man as it had to be kept for 'security on the room'.
I was terrified for my safety as he kept questioning/intimidating me asking why I should need my passport as I had just arrived. I told him I needed it as family had a wedding in the city and I needed it to be crossed off the guest list. I felt very very scared and intimidated by him.
Eventually I managed to get it after involving one of the reps, I felt very scared and alone. I grabbed my case and made way down to the strip where I knew there would be taxi's. #About 1000m down the hill#

I left in a taxi and went straight to a hotel near the airport and booked a flight home. I WILL NEVER RETURN TO MALIA EVER. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Just want to make it clear I have been to Magaluf around 6 times, Ayia Napa about 5 times and have travelled and stayed in around a further 60 countries so I am a very experienced traveller and can usually put up with a bit of a dive for a cheap price however the fact I felt so un safe here made me HAVE to leave IMMEDIATELY.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
12 Thank amy_joywhite

Travellers are raving about these Malia hotels