I came in June 2012 with a group of friends for a clubbing holiday.
On arrival we were greeted at the bar and told house rules. Annoyingly they had given us 2 rooms complete opposite ends of the hotel instead of next door to eachother like we had asked! They said there was nothing they could do about this, so we decided to all cram into the one room - the nicest of the two, even though they told us we couldnt! The other room was in the older building and was horrible - the shower room was dirty and the room felt like an oven during in a day! They also took our passports away from us until the end of the holiday which was un-nerving! After asking for them back several times I gave up. The family that runs the apartments were nice if you treated the place with respect. Although if you had an issue they would pass the blame onto the manager who I saw once in a blue moon! The 24 hour pool bar was not 24 hours either! It shut for several hours in the morning. The security were stupidly strict! The guard would often argue that my friends didnt stay at the apartments on our way back in during early hours. Dont even bother trying to bring anybody else back! We didnt opt for air-con as we couldnt afford it! 70 euros for a week seemed crazy.
The location wasnt the best either. A good 10 minute walk to the strip - which is all uphill on the way back! Very irritating. And at least 20/25 minutes to the beach which we didnt realise before we booked it. In the heat its the most unpleasant thing ever!
During the day the apartments were decent. The pool itself was always clean and the pool bar does burgers and breakfasts to cure your hangover at reasonable prices. The younger guys behind the bar always had decent tunes pumping throughout the day too! The pool area was clean and had sun most of the day. During the evening we were allowed to drink on out balconies and play our music quite loud. There was a good atmosphere.
The nearest shop is about 200m down the road which sells everything you need to get by - 6 bottles of water for 1 euro. Alcholic bevs and pot noodles, crisps and chocolates etc. I'd advise you to take some in your suitcase if your on a tight budget!
On BBQ night we had a spread of local foods and a quiz by the pool - although i found a label in my food which put me off eating..
It was alright for the price we paid. If your going to Malia for a clubbing holiday I'd advise you to stay somwhere on the strip! So much better. Danaides apartments opposite Safari Club are lovely. If you want somewhere abit quieter in old town out of the strip this place is okay. But be aware that its an uphill stagger back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bella Elena is a modern hotel unit, built in the heart of the village of Malia. Only a couple of minutes on foot from the central square of the village with its traditional cafes ready to serve you Cretan food and a few steps away from the seaside road of Malia, the most famous road for the nightlife it offers. Our apartments offer 3 star accommodations and are certified by EOT (Greek Tourism Organization). They dispose comfortable and sunny common areas, a big central swimming-pool, a small one for our young friends and a pool bar which is open 24 h a day. The location of Bella Elena is ideal for you to move on foot to every place in Malia, but also to discover the well-known sandy beaches of the area. At a near distance you will find super-markets, pharmacies, banks, restaurants, cafes, pubs, clubs and all kinds of shops so as to buy from clothes and souvenirs to jewelry and traditional Cretan products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bella Elena Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bella Elena Apartments Hotel Malia
- Bella Elena Apartments Malia, Crete