“BEST WEEK OF MY LIFE”

Durham, United Kingdom
“BEST WEEK OF MY LIFE”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

IGNORE ANY BAD REVIEWS!
This is the perfect hotel for a party holiday, its not anything flash just clean with an amazing bar (which is all you need on a party holiday) 18-30 reps were amazing and took us on some great trips including the paint and boat party which are a MUST

It is back to back with a club on the strip so no need for a long, loney walk home!
secruity on the gate to make sure no nonsense goes on (fights, drunk people looking for trouble etc...)

100% advise this hotel and would reccommend it for everyone!!!!!!!
breakfast and drinks okay priced but its in the centre of everywhere so you can pop to the shop for anything you need.

Rooms were great, cleaned every 2 days and had a fridge!

loads of people on here are saying you get fined for the littlest of things, this is true however none of our group of 6 girls got any fines! i would advise just to take and old sheet and pillow case and leave it there then no need to worry about fines!

you can also buy bedding from the main entrance for 15 euro, well worth it!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I honestly could not rate this place high enough. The mirage is hands down the best place to stay in malia. I went there at the end of June with 14 other girls, honestly none of us had high expectations purely from reading mixed views on here and the fact most of the other people we knew were staying at the Sarpidon. But between all 14 of us I don't think anyone could fault the hotel.

The Location of the hotel is by far the best feature about it, without any exaggeration from the door of my room it was all of 10 yards to the centre of the strip, which was the most convenient thing about it. You are literally a stone throw away from biggest clubs in malia. So when you're totally out your face staggering home at 7am you're not having to walk for miles to get to you're hotel.

The staff and reps are amazing! Couldn't have asked for better reps (oh ahhh brett and matt) they were so much fun! Pool partys and drinking games are hosted before hitting the strip pretty much every day/night so you are basicly guaranteed to be wrecked before you even get to the actual strip. Some games are not for the faint hearted (the sambucca challenge) but if you're not up for doing crazy stuff then you probably wouldnt be considering an 18-30 holiday anyway! Eva the manager is lovely she is very laid-back and fun (basicly your 'mum' for the holiday) when i say 'laid-back' i mean she pretty much turns a blind eye if you bring any 'friends' from the strip back. Nicos the barman is a total riot I couldn't even begin to explain how much he brightened our lives everyday.

The rooms are great, just your box standard bedroom with a bathroom, a dressing table and air con. Its basic but its really all you need because you're never in it. The sheets are changed every couple of days and every room has a balcony. The pool is pretty standard nothing much to say about it, people commenting on lack of sun loungers (me and my friends never had this problem) and size of the pool are just being EXTREMELY picky because there is really nothing wrong with it in the slightest.

Malia its self is wild it is very much an 18-30 location. Drink is cheap and once you get the hang of haggling with the PR's you literally are paying 5 euros for a fishbowl 3 shots and 3 decent sized drinks which is incredible when you think what you would pay for that here! The clubs are insane what you would expect from a party holiday, it definitely has a go hard or go home vibe. The strip its self is big but not ridiculously massive (by this i mean you wouldnt need a taxi to get from one end to other) and its good if you're going with a big crowd like i did because chances are you will always run into someone or find your friends if you get split up.
People usually comment about quad bikes etc but honestly I never had a problem with them, sure people fly about on them but theyre not really an issue. Also I was lucky enough to experience no violence when i was there but i guess that all depends of the type of people at the time of your holiday.
T
he best event is definitely the paint party I had the time of my life there i would defintely pay more for it than what it was, like 40 euros or something. Eating out is pretty cheap also GO TO HOUSE AND GEORGE AND DRAGON. We ate at House pretty much 3 times a day the staff are great and they honestly serve every kind of food.

Any negative reviews on here are honestly totally wrong, I couldnt fault the place for one second, if you're young and looking for a crazy party holiday this is the place to stay. I am so happy I never listened to them because we could not have found a better hotel. If i come back to malia i wouldn't dare book another hotel.

I RECOMMEND EVERYONE TO BOOK THE MIRAGE, GO OUT EVERY NIGHT AND PARTY TILL THE RAKI BLINDS YOU!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Eilidhh992
Pembrokeshire, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

If your ever thinking of going to Malia, the Mirage is the place to stay! Stayed in Room 202, but the both of our rooms were decent for a club 18-30 holiday with basics like beds, shower and a balcony.. Music is played around the pool throughout the day which is great, but the location of the Mirage is perfect as it is bang on the strip, but not too close so that you can hear music from there 24/7. Booked all the events for the first week which was 100% worth it but wish we spaced them out over the two weeks we were there for! Best events were definitely the paint party and the boat party which was actually insane!

When staying at the Mirage, make sure you hear some of Nico the barmans stories, could listen to him for hours without getting bored, he is actually hilarious! Met some awesome people the 2 weeks we were there, and also had amazing reps at the Mirage (Brett, Claire and Billy) who always knew how to start off the events at the pool bar with drinking games and a laugh!

Any bad reviews of this place are completely wrong, so happy I booked the Mirage and didn't listen to them as there couldn't have been a better place in Malia for our group to stay! If I do come back to Malia, I will definitely be booking here again! Best 2 weeks ever, and now bring on the Big Reunion in November! Woooooo!

3 Thank Holly R
Whitstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't recommend this place for couples or families. But for groups, stag dos and hen dos it's probably perfect. The apartments are large and the location is eight in the strip.
The pool is nice but can get messy. Not always enough sun beds but there is always a grass area.

• Stayed July 2013
High Wycombe, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Just got back from a weeks stay in the Mirage with two of my best mates (We are all 23).

After arriving at around 2 in the morning a the hotel you are greeted with a "Welcome Brief" by one of the reps. This is not a welcome brief more of a sales pitch. The rep was trying to sell us the whole weeks worth of activities for £200! We were not keen on this as we had planned to organise things ourselves. We ended up buying two of the events which were the paint party and boat party which came to £90. (If you are not to bothered about doing the events with the other gest you can get them at much cheaper price from any of the "ticket shops" located on the strip.

The hotel itself is very average which is what we expected. You are charged £60 for a safe and air con per room which we though was essential to have. We didn't spend a lot of time at the bar due to the fact you could get cheaper drinks on the strip. We also didn't have any food at the hotel as again you can get a breakfast for 3 euros and a dinner for around 10 euro, all of the restaurants we went to were brilliant. The pool is ok small but clean, plenty of sun loungers which was a bonus.

Would highly recommend the paint party as it is a brilliant experience getting smashed with paint. The boat party was ok you get 2 swim stops, the bbq is rubbish so make sure you eat before going.

The location of the hotel is really good. the hotel is based on the strip which is amazing for going out and then coming back in when your leathered. The beach is a 10 min walk, the beach is worth a visit (Don't pay for sun lounger you don't need to)

As long as you don't break anything in your or take the piss and act like an idiot you will have no trouble at this hotel/

Overall really enjoyed the holiday, the hotel served its purpose as a crash pad and would recommend it to anyone who to go out ever night and party!

1 Thank Simon D
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Me and 10 others stayed here for 7 nights and were. As soon as we arrived the reps hassled you to go on events which I dont regret doing, just wish we had more time to talk about what we wanted to do. We ended up paying 140 euros for 4 events on the first night. From there on i was budgetting my money. The 4 events were Big night out, Paint Party, Boat Party and Foam Party. Big Night out and Boat party were amazing. Foam and paint party seemed fun for a while but dragged on and we ended up leaving early.

The hotel was nice but very strict. I was worried about spending too much time in the room in case I broke something. There was a huge list of fines for any damages made during your stay luckily me and my mates didnt make any.

Pool area was good and hotel bar food was average. We were located right by the strip which was great. I was worried I would have trouble sleeping but it was no problem at all.

Last point is that you have to pay 60 euros for the safe and air con. My room of 3 didn't pay for it. However my other friends did. I dont think air con is necessary but tbe saffe is helpful but I had a lock on my suitcase so I just kept valuables in there.

Overall a good week with the mates. Glad I went and have no regrets.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank JoeB1234
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

After reading a few of the older reviews on this hotel I was a bit wary... It was our first girls holiday so we didn't really know what to expect to be honest. On arrival, we were greeted by our rep, Brett, who was absolutely amazing. Eva, the hotel owner was also lovely, and gave us a discounted price on air con and safety deposit box as we were there for 2 weeks. We booked up for all of the events that the rep offered us and spread them over 2 weeks which allowed us nights to go out ourselves. If I were to do it again, I wouldn't have booked up for the White Party or Malia Live. The Big Night Out was really fun as it was a mini bar crawl with everyone in the hotel and then everyone from all the 18-30 hotels met up in Apollo, it was a great laugh. You NEED to go to the foam party, paint party and the booze cruise, they were all absolutely fantastic, especially the booze cruise. The hotel bar is open 24 hours which is brilliant because when the clubs shut at 5am, you're never really ready to go to bed and its great to meet up with everyone there at the end of the night. Nico, the nightshift bar man is absolutely hilarious, i could have sat and listened to his stories all night. Mirage Studios was honestly the best choice of hotel ever, I will definitely be booking up again.

2 Thank gingeeeeeeeeeer