“Pretty decent!!”

Mirage-Studios Malia
Ranked #14 of 81 Speciality Lodging in Malia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed here with 8 of my friends, 4 guys, 4 girls, and me! We booked on a sour of the moment thing without reading reviews etc so were worried when we read a couple of bad reviews on here! There's really nothing to worry about though!

The food is pretty decent! There's a lot of options to choose from and it's always cooked thoroughly! Drinks are really expensive though, it's like €2.50 for a can of juice, and €5 for a can of kopparberg, although there's a shop literally a minute away that sell it for €1.79 so pop along there!

It's true about paying for damages, there's a laminated sheet on your room table with a list of charges, such as €300 for breaking the door, €50 for the shower, €20 for the sheets etc! If you go to a paint party, have a shower and you won't get paint on the sheets! One of my group got a henna tattoo which went on the sheet so he had to pay the €20! If you break a glass, just 'borrow' one from the bar when you get a drink and replace it with that (happened to us twice)!

Air con is a must, although dont put it right down to 16, as you'll genuinely end up cold during the night! Also, you only get one roll of toilet paper, so pop to the shop to buy some, and lots of water! If you put a litre of water in the freezer it will last all day still cold by the pool!

Hotel is right on the strip, next to bar union and banana bar/club! There are plenty places to go for good, including a subway and McDonald's and a KFC (called chicken hut) but also a lot of nice restaurants! About 5 minutes walk away is a place called "the bull" and the owner is absolutely lovely!

I wouldn't do all of the events the reps sell, as they're quite expensive!! The paint party is worth it purely for the atmosphere, and the beach party for the 2hr free bar, but the boat party is a bit rubbish! The hour free bar is literally only tequila! Rubbish!! Pool party is free anyway, and the 'house night' is €5 when you pay on the door so don't pay the €10 to the reps!

Reps are lovely! Very chatty and are always around!!

The barman Nikos is crazy! He makes a lot of sexual jokes etc though, so don't be offended, he means no harm!

Whatever you do! Don't sleep with the cleaner! Nobody knows why.. But we were all warned by previous guests, who were warned by guests before etc!

Overall it was a brilliant holiday, will definetly go back!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jadearr4

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I came here with nine of my friends (male and female) and we were so pleasantly surprised by the accommodation. The brochures etc make the hotel seem a lot smaller but the pool area is an ideal size. The hotel manager is so helpful and honestly is just looking out for you/your safety there. The rooms were basic, there is no kettle which I thought was strange for self catering but it all worked put fine. Bring your own towels though because the hotel don't provide any, they also provide one toilet roll which is not enough but you can get eight rolls for 3€ from the supermarket! We were here for a party holiday and this is the best place to come, get in at 8am, get the speakers on and nobody will even mention it the next day! The food at the bar was good and good value for money and Nikos is absolutely hilarious if you don't mind being publicly humiliated for your antics. The cleaning staff are friendly and do such a good job considering most nights our room ended up with 9 people and their rubbish etc each day we came back in the rooms were neat and tidy which made our stay a lot easier! There are a lot of rules all over your room here and the list of things to be charged for is crazy but at least you're warned from day 1 that these are the costs. The air con and safe costs 60€ per room but totally worth it in that heat! The club 18-30 reps are fab too and take the time to talk to you by the pool and so on. Location wise the Mirage is right on the strip. There are so many great places to go and try out but each place is such good value for money! Don't get a henna tattoo from the guys on the street however because I currently have two atrocious messes on my arms LOL. You'll have a great time staying here due to the laid back atmosphere of the place! Can't wait to return to Malia after I recover from the crazy week! :)

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Rooms were basic, but perfect for the purpose. Staff couldn't do enough for you!! Place was spotless. Loved Malia & my staying here was the icing on the cake!!!! Not far to the beach (which is beautiful) and the pubs/clubs are right on your doorstep!! Fab Fab Fab!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shortass81
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Me and my mates booked this hotel in 2012 and for £408 for 2 weeks we couldn't complain but... We wasn't at the mirage we was in some rooms just off the mirage that's properly the only thing I could fault really niko the barman was a absolute legend pool was always clean and the women were on point too looking to go back this summer lets see what this holds as 3 weeks after that I'm going ibiza!!!! Great hotel tho ok staff and yh quite during the day when your recovering from your hangover!!!!!!

Room Tip: Air con room is the way forward
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Micky C
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Went for a week from the 6th august - 13th for my first lads holiday! Hotel is right in the middle of the strip which is perfect about a 5-10 minute walk to the beach which is ideal. come out of the hotel and your right next to all the main clubs and bars which is brill when your trying to find your way home at stupid oclock in the morning.

Rooms are pretty much basic but thats all you need be careful for the fines though especially if you do the paint party they like to complain about paint on the bed, my friend took his to the dry cleaners which only cost him 10 euro unlike us who got charged 30!!

Hotel bar is quite expensive for drinks so we just decided to sneak drinks in to our room and have a session in there before we went out as the drinks cheaper from the shops but not exactly cheap either! Also be carefull if bringing guests back to your room if you want to carry on the party after you've been out AS YOU DO HAVE TO PAY!! they force you into buying a drink at the bar however my friend was charged 20 euros.

Overall malia was a great holiday and made even better by the perfect location of this hotel would deffinitly reccomend, going to Zante next year so hopefully it can live up to how good malia was!!

PS. Help bar is deffinitly the best place to start off for its cocktails so cheap and gets you smashed!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jackkmorann
Reviewed 9 December 2013

IGNORE ANY BAD REVIEWS!
This is the perfect hotel for a party holiday, its not anything flash just clean with an amazing bar (which is all you need on a party holiday) 18-30 reps were amazing and took us on some great trips including the paint and boat party which are a MUST

It is back to back with a club on the strip so no need for a long, loney walk home!
secruity on the gate to make sure no nonsense goes on (fights, drunk people looking for trouble etc...)

100% advise this hotel and would reccommend it for everyone!!!!!!!
breakfast and drinks okay priced but its in the centre of everywhere so you can pop to the shop for anything you need.

Rooms were great, cleaned every 2 days and had a fridge!

loads of people on here are saying you get fined for the littlest of things, this is true however none of our group of 6 girls got any fines! i would advise just to take and old sheet and pillow case and leave it there then no need to worry about fines!

you can also buy bedding from the main entrance for 15 euro, well worth it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I honestly could not rate this place high enough. The mirage is hands down the best place to stay in malia. I went there at the end of June with 14 other girls, honestly none of us had high expectations purely from reading mixed views on here and the fact most of the other people we knew were staying at the Sarpidon. But between all 14 of us I don't think anyone could fault the hotel.

The Location of the hotel is by far the best feature about it, without any exaggeration from the door of my room it was all of 10 yards to the centre of the strip, which was the most convenient thing about it. You are literally a stone throw away from biggest clubs in malia. So when you're totally out your face staggering home at 7am you're not having to walk for miles to get to you're hotel.

The staff and reps are amazing! Couldn't have asked for better reps (oh ahhh brett and matt) they were so much fun! Pool partys and drinking games are hosted before hitting the strip pretty much every day/night so you are basicly guaranteed to be wrecked before you even get to the actual strip. Some games are not for the faint hearted (the sambucca challenge) but if you're not up for doing crazy stuff then you probably wouldnt be considering an 18-30 holiday anyway! Eva the manager is lovely she is very laid-back and fun (basicly your 'mum' for the holiday) when i say 'laid-back' i mean she pretty much turns a blind eye if you bring any 'friends' from the strip back. Nicos the barman is a total riot I couldn't even begin to explain how much he brightened our lives everyday.

The rooms are great, just your box standard bedroom with a bathroom, a dressing table and air con. Its basic but its really all you need because you're never in it. The sheets are changed every couple of days and every room has a balcony. The pool is pretty standard nothing much to say about it, people commenting on lack of sun loungers (me and my friends never had this problem) and size of the pool are just being EXTREMELY picky because there is really nothing wrong with it in the slightest.

Malia its self is wild it is very much an 18-30 location. Drink is cheap and once you get the hang of haggling with the PR's you literally are paying 5 euros for a fishbowl 3 shots and 3 decent sized drinks which is incredible when you think what you would pay for that here! The clubs are insane what you would expect from a party holiday, it definitely has a go hard or go home vibe. The strip its self is big but not ridiculously massive (by this i mean you wouldnt need a taxi to get from one end to other) and its good if you're going with a big crowd like i did because chances are you will always run into someone or find your friends if you get split up.
People usually comment about quad bikes etc but honestly I never had a problem with them, sure people fly about on them but theyre not really an issue. Also I was lucky enough to experience no violence when i was there but i guess that all depends of the type of people at the time of your holiday.
T
he best event is definitely the paint party I had the time of my life there i would defintely pay more for it than what it was, like 40 euros or something. Eating out is pretty cheap also GO TO HOUSE AND GEORGE AND DRAGON. We ate at House pretty much 3 times a day the staff are great and they honestly serve every kind of food.

Any negative reviews on here are honestly totally wrong, I couldnt fault the place for one second, if you're young and looking for a crazy party holiday this is the place to stay. I am so happy I never listened to them because we could not have found a better hotel. If i come back to malia i wouldn't dare book another hotel.

I RECOMMEND EVERYONE TO BOOK THE MIRAGE, GO OUT EVERY NIGHT AND PARTY TILL THE RAKI BLINDS YOU!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends