Nestled up in the hills overlooking Malia, Royal Heights Resort lets you get away from the Madding Crowd of Malia resort. We had a villa with private pool with a sea view. Open plan kitchen/diner/lounge gave space and ability to rustle up snacks for kids easily. The website makes the resort look more luxurious than i think it is, but it works better for families, as I didnt mind letting the kids run wild. The best kept secret is the kids soft play room next to the restaurant/bar/terrace which has a qualified nursery teacher on duty. So while you order and wait for a meal, kids can play until they're called to eat and then go off and play again. Food and service was excellent - staff all spoke perfect English and extremely helpful. However, we visited at easter and too cold to swim in outdoor pools, disappointed that the indoor pool wasn't heated. But we made up for it using the jacuzzi in the villa! Was expecting 2 bedrooms, but instead it was 1 bedroom and 1 sofa bed, which wasnt very comfy. But these are small niggles, overall a wonderful spot and loads to explore/see/do nearby. Hiring a car is almost essential (can be done cheap using local car hire companies). Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Heights Resort is situated in Malia area-Pezoula on an amazing privately-owned hill consisting of 60 acres of land with breathtaking views of the beautiful Cretan Sea. Located just 2 minutes away by car from the amazing beaches of Malia and just a 20 minute drive from the international airport ‘Nikos Kazantzakis’ in Heraklion and five minutes from the golf of Herisonnisos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Heights Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Heights Hotel Malia
- Royal Heights Resort Malia, Crete