From the moment we arrived the staff bent over backward to give this hotel an exclusive and extravagant feel. All very friendly particularly the two waiters in the evening restaurant and kostas at the pool bar.. had some amazing days filled with cocktails and laughs.
Our room was beautiful and when we arrived late on the first evening room service was given in place of half board dinner. Plates of Meats, cheeses, salad and olives, caviar and fresh bread and fruit arrived. We were very impressed.
Breakfast had plenty to offer - fruits, cereals, sausages, bacon and eggs cooked on request.
Half board option - evening meals were amazing! So so good we stayed 10 nights and ate out once! Lovely service, very friendly waiters.
We visited toward the end of the season so only experienced reps coming in to use the pool once and didnt bother us. A wedding took place too. The chapel was beautifully decorated and we heard the service from our room. Very very busy but staff so organised and professional that it had little impact on our day and we were invited to join their evening reception.
We walked most days to Malia, 10 minutes at the most. Not the most attractive scenery on route and quite a hill but worth it to get to the gorgeous old town and save 7 euros in the taxi! Saw a few fitness fanatics running back up but no way we could walk it - taxi rank right at the bottom of the hill!
There are nicer places to visit than malia itself, neighbouring towns much less ruined by british pubs and lack of culture but wherever I visit in crete I will most definitely return to royal heights to base our stay from. Thank you to all working hard at RHH.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Heights Resort is situated in Malia area-Pezoula on an amazing privately-owned hill consisting of 60 acres of land with breathtaking views of the beautiful Cretan Sea. Located just 2 minutes away by car from the amazing beaches of Malia and just a 20 minute drive from the international airport ‘Nikos Kazantzakis’ in Heraklion and five minutes from the golf of Herisonnisos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Heights Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Heights Hotel Malia
- Royal Heights Resort Malia, Crete