Went on a fmaily holiday to Malia old town with my parents and sister. The apartments were spotless and cleaned three times during our stay where we were given new towels. As theres only 10 rooms you do tend to meet everyone whos staying there which is very nice and friendly. The road outside is the main way for people staying in the 18-30 hotel down the road to get to the strip so you do get some noise but we found that once were in bed by midnight we missed most of the noise. There is also no air con so I'd advice hiring a fan from George as the rooms do get quite stuffy in the evenings. There is no pool at Villa Contessa which would be its only downside for me but you are allowed to use the pool at other apartments such as the 18-30 hotel. I wouldnt recommend that pool as it is filled with young people but the Stelios Apartments which is two minutes away was perfect - there was no one there apart from us and there was lots of sun loungers and a pool bar!
George is an amazing host and was really welcoming! On our first morning we all sat with George and he asked us about our flight and gave us some home made Raki. One piece of advice I'd give is to mix the Raki with orange juice - it tasted a bit like paint stripper but when in Greece.......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering a garden, Apartments Villa Contessa is situated in Mália, 30 km from Heraklio Town. Hersonissos is 8 km from the property. All units include a seating area. Some units have a terrace and/or balcony with mountains or garden views. All units feature a kitchenette equipped with a dishwasher and refrigerator. A stovetop and kettle are also featured. There is a private bathroom with a shower in every unit. Towels and bed linen are available. Apartments Villa Contessa also includes a terrace. Ágios Nikólaos is 25 km from Apartments Villa Contessa, while Eloúnda is 24 km away. The nearest airport is Heraklion International Airport, 27 km from Apartments Villa Contessa. We have had hundreds of satisfied guests, many of them becoming regulars and friends that every year reward us with recurring visits. So, put on your swim suit, add some sun screen and relax. Your holidays start here and we promise it will be more than you expected. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Villa Contessa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Condessa Hotel Malia
- Villa Contessa Malia, Crete