Very Friendly staff made us feel very welcome. Nice and clean accommodation and dose the trick after all you only really sleep in the room. We stayed on the 3rd floor at the front which had a lovely view of the hills and the sea.
I would definitely return to this accommodation.
Only downside was no free wifi… but most bars and restaurants had free wifi
We are an Irish couple in our 30's so this is our opinion.
About the area it is about a 15 minute walk to the beach, bikini beach is a good spot for lying in the sun and listening to some cool tunes. The sea is so clear and beautiful looking.
Fab restaurant there called Thalassa Bar Restaurant in Malia it has the most amazing sunset you will see and a lovely glass of wine too
Another great resturant is based in the old town of malia called Odas Taverna ,it is a greek restaurant and is beautifully set out side under lovely flower bushes… very romantic
Worth a look are:
the remains of the old palace of malia
A beach called Potamos Beach so quite and lovely.
Zorbas is a pizza restaurant and omg anything like the size of the pizza
At peek season alot of young people are in the area so there is alot of quad bikes around. If you do wanna hire one I recommend one company called Motor Fun, we hired one for 24hrs and it cost us 40 euro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As the name suggests the Happy Days Studios is a cheerful complex located within Malia's charming old town, only walking distance from Malia strip and beach. We invite you to experience the fun and friendly atmosphere of our complex which offers our guests a good selection of on-site facilities including two swimming pools and a generous pool terrace with sunbeds and parasols. Studios are clean, bright and airy, each one equipped with all basic self-catering facilities as well as TV and Air-conditioning. If you prefer to take the hassle out of meal times you will find the pool bar offers a large selection of breakfasts, snacks and evening meals, both from greek and international cuisine. Our friendly staff will ensure you have a fantastic time so refresh yourselves with our delicious cocktails and big variety of drinks and join the party! A warm and friendly place to escape, Happy Days Studios is suitable for all ages and all types of holidays. A home away from home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Happy Days Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Happy Days Studios Hotel Malia
- Happy Days Studios Malia, Crete