Dionysos Studios
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Golden Bay Apartments(Gournes Pediados)
Stelios Gardens(Heraklion)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat hotelgirls holidayair conpaint partyperfect locationroof terracewednesday morningthe hotel staffevery nightlobby areapre drinksfree entrytoastiesbest week of my lifestayed here for a weekbed sheetspool parties
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My friend and I have just returned home from one weeks stay in these studios. They were very clean and tidy, with the rooms being relatively spacious. The maid did only come in once during the whole holiday, which was a bit disappointing as we needed more towels and toilet roll! Plus, in Crete, you cannot flush your toilet paper down the toilet so you have to put it in the bin which says it all really.. The maids should've come in more often! The bathroom was basic but the shower was powerful! There was no deposit charge to stay here on check-in... However, there is a notice on the door giving the hefty fines you are required to pay if you break anything... so don't! You can get aircon, safety deposit box and 1 free ticket to the welcome bbq for 70 euros for a week, which is worth doing as the food at the hotel bar and at the bbq was delicious! Plus, you get free red and white wine if you go! Great for pre-drinks! If you want to bring anyone back to your hotel room who isn't staying there already you can... but it's at a 30 euro charge and there is always someone at reception and CCTV throughout the building! The hotel felt very safe and there wasn't any trouble whatsoever..

The 18-30 reps were a little disorganized however, and I would say that this hotel relatively uptight as far as the 'Club 18-30' experience goes, but it's right on the strip so it's easy to have a great time on holiday though! The events they sell you were good but over priced! There's a shop near the top of the strip that offer you to book bar crawls and the booze cruise for a fraction of the price!

The hotel pool lacked atmosphere.. although music is played between 9am - 6pm, which was mainly funky house music. It was very chilled! Very small hotel with not a large pool and not many loungers! One afternoon, an 18-30 rep attempted to throw a pool party but no one wanted to get involved which I thought was a little puzzling and disappointing! :/ Also, there is a bar next door to the hotel which you have to enter and exit at night to get to and from the hotel.. It plays some bangers but again, it always seemed relatively quiet walking through compared to the other bars and clubs on the strip! So venture out!

Malia itself is a great resort with an amazing atmosphere! However, expect to be hounded walking down the strip with PR guys/girls with drink offers.. If you banter with them for a bit you can usually blag a better deal! 99% of the alcohol you drink will be watered down there so prepare to spend some money if you are looking to get drunk! A lot of the bars play the same remixes and party tunes.. which is epic for the first few nights, but then it did get a bit repetitive for us, we went down to reflex which played some great cheesy tunes earlier on then played some indie anthems after 3am which was awesome! I recommend going to the paint party as that was messy.. it was like being at a festival minus the mud and bad weather! And also, the booze cruise is a must as the DJ is fab! Although.. he kept saying CD B*TCHESSSS in an annoying voice.. which became the catchphrase of the holiday! Haha!

All in all, it was a pleasant stay and might be good as your first Club 18-30 holiday if you're a little nervous about what to expect and want to just chill during the day.. However, if you're looking for absolute 24/7 mayhem though... this probably isn't the hotel for you! Malia is amazing though, I have got some epic memories which I am sure you will do too! I hope this helps!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Great location and the staff where ok but we got charged for spilling some juice on a sheet and apparently it would not come out. A note to future travellers when you arrive at this place write down everything you find wrong with your room even take photos and show the management straight away so you can't get blamed for any damage already done. After getting charged for the sheet my friends and I freaked out about these marks on the wall which had been there when we arrived. We where thinking "oh they will charge us for that". Also the matresses underneath are horrible. I did enjoy my stay just these wee things kind of ruined the last few days.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank LauraCarvo
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

I'm a 19 year old lad, writing reviews is the last thing I can be bothered to do.. But the Dionysos is so, so bad I feel the need. I am not bias the pro's are it's right on the strip given, and they have a good pool table. That's it. The cons.. Well where do I start, firstly the rooms are ANYTHING but what they look on the pictures they must have one room that looks like the photos, the rest are questionable 3rd world facilities. There was 8 of us staying so we had 4 rooms, all as terrible as the other. No cooker, for one, we went self catering. The bathroom, well put it this way if you want to [--] and shower at the same time you can as the shower is a hole in the ground. The door was eroding away, there isnt even a window in the bathroom or the whole room for that, unless they call this tiny latch in the bedroom a window. The room was cleaned once, the whole 7 days I was there, they refused us clean towels so we had one towel all week. We had to pay €90 just for air con and a safe which had I of known the maids don't actually have to work then I wouldn't have bothered. There is 52 cameras so its safe but the owner is a miserable old man who will find any way to charge you, you have to pay €30 to bring even a friendly guest in the hotel. So so disappointed we paid £520 and I can't have been more uncomfortable the whole time. From my experience, malia is a quality place and the people are top, but stay ANYWHERE but the Dionysos. You could sleep on the beach for cheaper and more comfortability, seriously. Although, the Babylon bar is quality (directly next to the hotel) and
the staff are mint, ask for Yannis and he'll look after you.

• Stayed: June 2013
9  Thank FWeazy
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Got back from Malia Wednesday morning and could not of stayed in a better hotel!! Dionysos studios was one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The whole hotel was very clean and the rooms got cleaned regularly. The staff were very welcoming and friendly especially the waitress ROY! Jon was also very helpful when advertising new vodka shots that he had specially made up for all the people around the pool. The food was lovely and me and the girls especially enjoyed the welcoming BBQ that the staff had prepared for us which involved freshly cooked meat, salad and free wine. If I was to come back to Malia I would definatley stay in this hotel again could not fault it one bit.
Thank you very much to all the staff at Dionysos for making us all feel welcome! The Nottingham Girls! 27,28 & 105!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I stayed here last year with a few friends, despite a little bit of trouble with checking in everything else was fine! Luckily we were given the two newly refurbished rooms which were spotless and of a much higher standard than other rooms. This hotel is on the strip basically 2 seconds from the biggest clubs- always handy when stumbling home or if one of the group fancies an early night! The staff were really friendly! We were worried about the hotel being right on the strip and people wandering in however there is a nightshift guy who doesnt let anyone in who doesnt stay there! The bar was cheap and served food daily as well as the handy vodka slush! The pool is small but so is the hotel! The walk to the beach isnt too long either and there is a convenience store literally 2 seconds away!

Overall, great location, friendly staff, no issues of theft, our rooms were great - guess we were lucky!

I would recommend this hotel, if i were to go back i would definitely stay here!

Room Tip: Our rooms were the ones at reception, a bit daunting at the thought of someone just walking in however these were newly refurbished, best rooms in the place and there is security to avoid wanderers coming in!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends