Kastro Beach Apartments
Philoxenia Hotel Malia(Malia)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$94
US$105
US$101
  • Breakfast included
US$64
  • Pool
Malia Mare Hotel(Malia)(Great Value!)
US$66
Priceline
US$53
US$51
  • Pool
All reviewscharlies barplace to staynext yeardrinking gamesgirls holidayevery nightperfect locationair conpre drinkspool partybbq nightminute walkamazing holidayfree shotsstaff were amazinggreat atmospherecleaned every other day
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed here in Mid-August and had a good time. We paid extra for a luxury suite and it was absolutely worth it. The room was brilliant, we never even had to pay extra for A/C. We also paid for breakfast, do not do this. The breakfast is like tar, honestly i'll eat anything but this was a complete waste of time. I ended up not bothering getting it most mornings even though we'd previously paid extra for it with the holiday package.
The drinks at Charlie's bar were decent size, decent price and have to say its a good place to have a few before heading to the strip. What annoyed us a bit was the feeling of guilt if we didn't buy a few drinks there before heading out, Niko's is quite pushy and seemed concerned about making extra dough from all customers. The staff are very friendly people and always try to make you feel welcome, they did sometimes go too far though, when you'd rather be left alone to enjoy your night.
The barbeque was OK, obviously the free drinks were great, you get one glass and when you've finished you can get a refill in that same glass when you get served at the bar. Some fat bird was pushing in at the bar all the time though so getting a drink was a nightmare especially cause free drinks only last one hour. The barbeque food was also very very average at best.
Location is sick, right next to coast, not an ideal beach by any means but you can walk along for 5 mins and get a nice spot further up. The strip is dead close aswel, plenty of clubs and places to get watered down over-priced cocktails etc.
We found some good places to eat i.e sticky fingers, some mexican place, and obviously red lion across the road. Red Lion was our favourite bar in malia, nice place to watch footie and well-priced drinks, along with great food.
Would recommend Kastro but can't see how everyone bums off it, it really aint wonderful, just a friendly place in an OK party resort. Also beware, everyone is aged 16-20 in Malia, so does feel a bit like school some times.

Room Tip: Premium apartments are definately worth the extra 20 odd quid
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kina2013
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My boyfriend and I are just back from Kastro.. we spent ages trying to decide where to go as we wanted a drinking holiday but as a couple this can be difficult... Kastro was perfect for us in September as the bar staff gave us a right laugh... including everyone.. groups... people on their own and couples... They had great deals on drinks at this time and generally had us in stiches the whole time... no where u stay is comoletely perfect and any minor problems Nikos and Andy sorted straight away. I would defo go back to Kastro but for you couples I would avoid the busy bars and stay at Charlies!!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Me an my girlfriend just came bck from 9 nights in kastros appartments an I can say it woz a very enjoyable stay.Nickos (bar manger) woz so helpful an welcoming wen we arrived it made u feel you woz at home. All the people in kastros were very kind an welcoming including all bar staff (Andy). I would definitely recommend it to any one that wonts to stay close to the beach an bars.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Me and my boyfriend came and stayed at kastro for 2 weeks, I had my 21st birthday there and I have to say it was the best time of my life. Nikos and his staff are amazing, so much fun and so welcoming. They made my birthday so special decorating the bar, making me a cake and tending to not only mine but everyone's needs. The rooms were clean and comfortable with the most breath taking view of the mountains and the sea. You will be lucky to stay here and experience what they have to offer it was fun and exciting, it was just perfect. Thank you Nikos and kastro apartments for making this the best 2 weeks of my life. See you in June and this time I'm staying for the summer. I've taken back memories that will be with me forever.

1  Thank BirthdayPanNatalie
Reviewed 13 September 2013

All the reviews are spot on Kastro is a great place to stay rooms are clean everyone is fun and friendly Nikos is amazing fun we drank at charlies bar every night in fact people came to charlies every night from other hotels because it was so much fun .It is also a safe place to stay for groups of girls/guys there is security there during the night even tho Yanis is gay he will look after you. perfect location on the strip close to the beach and close to the strip. This is a brilliant hotel to stay in will definitely be going back and I made friends I will be keeping in contact with. Dylan

1  Thank Dylanakajose