“By far the best.”

Ranked #16 of 85 Restaurants in Malia
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

From the moment you arrive until the moment you leave you are welcomed in. The owner adonis is so friendly you will want to keep going back and the great food the chef serves is amazing, we tried others but none come close to the fabulous atmosphere at socrates. Its nice to see a place that has stayed very traditional.

1  Thank Vicki P

Reviewed 21 April 2014

we ate only one evening outside the hotel, and that was at the Socrates restaurant, not far from our hotel. The food was great, the service friendly, and the owner of the restaurant does all his best to please his guests. Recommended restaurant.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Adonis and his wife have a truly wonderful restaurant and are some of the nicest people I have ever met!!! I returned to Stalis this year with my husband, and after a very long coach journey, was delighted to be recognised and welcomed with open arms (and a large beer!!) The food is exeptional! We ate there every night and sampled all the traditional greek food and some from the standard menu (my husband said Adonis serves some of the best food and drink he's ever had!) On our last day we were given a bottle of raki and two bottles ( one for my Sister who Adonis remembers from a previous visit) of olive oil to take home! I would agree with previous review and say its in Stalis rather than Malia, other than that I can't say one single bad thing about the place, its fantastic! Go!!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have eaten in the Socrates on many occasions over the years I have visited Stalis (I would say the restaurant was in Stalis rather than Malia). There is always a warm welcome from Adonis, and he seems genuinely sad to see you leave at the end of your holiday. The food is excellent, with a variety of traditional Greek specials each evening, as well as the standard menu. The wine is good, and the beer is cold. I always eat there 2 or 3 times in every week-long visit. It's that good.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

It was great!!! I went Malia for 2 weeks and often came here for pizza, gyros and calamari. The owners were very friendly and always gave us free homemade Ouzo...very welcoming and seemed they were actually sad to see us go on our last day