“Watch out for damage in the room!!”
Review of Dedalos Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Malia
Dedalos Hotel
Ranked #34 of 91 Hotels in Malia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed in this hotel knowing it was basic and taking in to account what other people were saying about signing contracts, taking away your passports and the breakfast which was bread, butter, jam, warm milk for cereal, cheese & ham slices and random dry chocolate cake. if you want a English breakfast its 2.90 baring in mind the hotel should be bed & breakfast.

We just decided to stay as we probably wouldn't be awake for breakfast anyway, would be out during the day and night so basically needed somewhere to sleep.

We arrived about 11.30pm after messing about signing contracts and having silly meetings we finally arrived to our room about 12.45pm (room was supposed to have a pool view which we didn't get). We quickly unpacked and got straight out on to the strip.

The next morning we noticed a hole in the bathroom door which obviously was already there, me & my friend just shrugged it off ignoring it. A day later two faced koola pushed a letter through the door saying we had to PAY for the damaged door. We went to go and see her she basically blamed us for been drunk and arguing (which we never did) accusing us of things. I was fuming I had to walk off. One of our reps came to see us about the door and said we had to pay 150 euros or koola was going to EVICT us!!! we couldnt believe it, I tried to do everything I could to find out what I could do about her blaming us but we had no pictures of the room when we first moved in and I didn't know who to contact. Koola only gave us that day to pay up or she was evicting us so we had no choice!

After she was very funny, wouldn't speak to us or even serve us at the bar. I then anyway refused to buy anything at bar and always went out for breakfast. I then complained about stains on bedding & rips in pillow cases as we didn't want to get blame for them either. Koola said she would get the maids to change them but the maids never did for the rest of the holiday.

I would never return back to this hotel & if you spot something in your room report it make sure you don't get the blame.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Sharna M

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Went to Malia start of this month and chose to stay at this hotel, reason being that the reviews on here and in the brochure made it sound pretty good. First girls holiday away in a clubby resort.
Perfect location, the strip about 2min walk with bars/restaurants. 15 min walk to the beach too.
Had a very good time away although I felt the hotel let the holiday down slightly, arrived on our first night, me and my friend had to pay a total of €90 for air con and safe for the week! Which we was pressured into and personally thought it was a complete rip off! The floor was discustingly dirty the whole week; my feet were constantly black! Even after stepping out from the shower!
The bed sheets and towels were changed once the whole week which I found unhygienic!
Food and drinks at this hotel were very expensive! And you had to stay quiet the whole time coming back to hotel as you'd be told off by security guard at night.
For what I payed to stay here I didn't feel like I spent my money wisely!

Room Tip: If you have room 102 or the one next door on ground level, very standard rooms compared to ones on t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank MichM17
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Just got back from staying at Hotel Dedalos with 3 other girls and we had the time of our lives.
The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the strip and the local shop if you want to buy food or alcohol for your room. (As the drinks at the hotel are not as cheap as the strip)
We are at the hotel everyday and the food was amazing with loads of choice!
As the hotel is not massive, the atmosphere is good as it is still lively but you get to recognise everyone in your hotel
The only thing that we were not very impressed with was was the cleaning, our room was cleaned every other day if that, and our towels only replaced for clean ones once or twice in the whole week. Sometimes we didn't even get toilet roll!
But apart from that Hotel Dedalos is the place to stay, the staff will treat you well, especially Kula! If you break anything in your room just be expected to pay up!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I would go back here in a heart beat! Literally a 2 minute walk from the beginning of the strip, but nestled away so you can't hear any of the loud music from the hotel.

Food was always efficient and was available on site until 9pm, they have a massive menu and good value for money on drinks. We barely pre-drank out on the strip or in our rooms as the drinks were so cheap.

I compare this hotel with one in Magaluf, and the guests staying in the hotel were a much better age, they were younger and around the 18-21 age, so you didn't feel intimidated down by the pool when the music is blaring out!

The overall thing that impressed me with the hotel was the service. Usually cleaners and staff members don't want to hear from you, but they were always very chatty and the mood around the hotel was lovely, you never felt intimidated or stepping on egg shells the whole time!

Please please please check this hotel out, I promise any of you thinking of going on a holiday with the boys that this is the place to be!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Curtis G
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last year & was worried abt it being full of drunken kids but but as we went late in the year it wasn't ! Met some really nice people ! & loved our time here ! Clean & tidy through out ! Far enough away from the strip not 2 here it , only eat down there once as went 2 the old town for some really nice food so ask the staff how 2 get there as it's only 10 mins walk & the food & the surroundings are really nice so make sure u go there to eat as u can't beat it ! Would stay here again ! Deffo !

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 25 July 2014

When deciding where to go on our girls holiday me and my 9 friends could not decide, eventually we decided on Malia and this hotel and got a good deal! We got bed and breakfast but all in all were never awake for the breakfast, however every morning bought a breakfast at the bar for 4 euros which was lovely!
For what we paid we were impressed, Koula is a lovely lady and so are the staff who work there. It is a safe hotel with a security guard at night who is hot on keeping people off balconies and keeping people quiet after midnight with reason!
Food and drinks there are lovely and cheap and having a all day bar is beneficial as after a night out you sometimes want a pot noodle, bag of crisps or water.
The hotel itself is not far from the strip therefore the location is perfect if needing to run back for extra money!!
Me and one friend just had a twin room so did not have the kitchenette, and although we really did miss not having a fridge our room was lovely and large!
A lot of people comment on being charged and fined if damaging something in the hotel, I went away with 9 other girls and none of us got fined at the end of the holiday, if you respect Koula and the staff and your room as if it were your own you will have no problems!
I highly recommended this hotel if you are looking for a clean, safe, fun and lively hotel where you can meet others of a young age 18-26 mainly!!
GO THERE!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

All in all it's a decent hotel. The room was clean when I arrived. Not all the staff are friendly. But I liked koula she was lovely and lively. The breakfast was "continental" not the nice sort either. It always came out late. So I ate elsewhere most days. I thought the rooms decent and the maids did a good job. Don't break or stain anything because they take ur passport when u arrive. So if u don't pay for damages, u won't be getting it back! I also paid to do all the excursions offered by the reps which was really good! I enjoyed my stay in Malia and will be goin back next year :)

Stayed: May 2014