“Lovely tavern”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is one of the best taverns in Hermoupolis. We had the chance to visit the place two years ago and all of us were once again very happy with the quality food we had, the friendly service and beautiful surroundings.
When we next visit Hermoupolis, we will definitely come back to Archontariki and I have no hesitation in recommending this place.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

This place has a good location and the staff are friendly. The food is potentially interesting, but fails to hit the spot. I had louza (pork loin) filled with cheese, which was reasonably tasty, but pretty tough. The main course was calamari which needed a little more cooking. All in all, OK, but nowhere near the best in Ermoupolis and not particularly cheap either.

1  Thank David B
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We went yesterday around eight o'clock and we ordered stuffed sardines which we were told were fresh. When the food arrived we saw that the sardines were grilled and served on the top of sliced tomato salad which was strange since we were expecting a completely different dish....when we tasted the food we were shocked: the fish tasted exactly like the canned sardins you can find in the super markets, it could not be chewed and all in all it was terrible. We gave it back and we were not charged for it, of course, but whag surprised us was that the staff did not even ask us what was wrong with the food.....I m sure they had a pretty good idea, but still we were surprised since we were the only table having dinner at that time, so one could not say thst they were busy... I have been coming to Siros ever since I was a child and this was the first time something like this has happened. For the record we have decided to give this place a chance despite the comments from my local friends who were strongly advising against it. What a shame!!!!!!

4  Thank nounou b
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I had pasta, which was a disaster. The quantity was that of a kids meal. It looked like those "just add water" mixes you can get in the super market - and tasted worse. And it was drowning in white sauce. Just unacceptable even for a fast-food restaurant. Even at 8€ it seemed hugely expensive. Everything else was average (or below that)

3  Thank AlexanderPGreece
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My wife and I visited The island of Syros for 2 short days and dined here twice. The first night was an amazing meal with a pork dish smothered in a delicious beer sauce, stuffed peppers with feats and olive oil, and a great salad. The food was so good we left the nearby beach that day and skipped out going to another town on the island for dinner only to dine here one more time!

The atmosphere was quant and romantic, perfect for our visit. The two meals here were memorable and perhaps the best we'd had our whole trip. Do not miss this experience if you come to Syros!