“Beautiful restaurant but not great food”
Review of Archontariki

Archontariki
Ranked #24 of 76 Restaurants in Hermoupolis
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The environment of the restaurant was very traditional and beautiful.Also it was very clean and the staff provided good service. But the food was nothing much-big portions but not great tastes. I loved the salads but the appetizers weren't good enough for me and I also thought it was expensive.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

What made me choose this restaurant for early dinner was its location. It's on a small pedestrian road, very "old greek movie" like, with the flowers and the tables, very nice. The menu was very big and there was this very funny waiter that helped me pick my dinner. He was fast and had something funny to say every time he passed by my table. The food was tasty, a little expensive and the check took a lot of time to come, as the place started being crowded and there was only this waiter to serve every one.

2  Thank StellaZachariou
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I have been here for at least 5 times over a period of 10-12 years. Whenever I visit syros it is my first choice. I have never been disappointed. The ambience is great, whether you eat inside or out, and the food (various delicacies, some local) is consistently great.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is one of the best taverns in Hermoupolis. We had the chance to visit the place two years ago and all of us were once again very happy with the quality food we had, the friendly service and beautiful surroundings.
When we next visit Hermoupolis, we will definitely come back to Archontariki and I have no hesitation in recommending this place.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

This place has a good location and the staff are friendly. The food is potentially interesting, but fails to hit the spot. I had louza (pork loin) filled with cheese, which was reasonably tasty, but pretty tough. The main course was calamari which needed a little more cooking. All in all, OK, but nowhere near the best in Ermoupolis and not particularly cheap either.

1  Thank David B