“Seaside Retreat!”
Review of Hotel Ploes

Hotel Ploes
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Hermoupolis
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Having visited the Greek Islands many years Hotel Ploes was an absolute treasure. A restored mansion once owned by a well known banking family literally hugging the shore the current owners have spared no expenses to capture the amazing views from nearly every corner of this spectacular hotel. Exemplary service and the in-house chef is a culinary delight. You must try the egg souffle. The service here was impeccable and we will definitely return and we highly recommend you stay at this amazing home away from home. Hardwood floors throughout adorned with period antiques and spectacular original art. This was truly a sparkling Gem resting on the sparking Aegean sea. After visiting more the 35 different countries over the years, I tell you this is the highest quality you could want away from your own home. This is not on a public beach, it has it has its own private sea front just off the wonderful veranda.

Room Tip: Seaside is the only way to go.................

Reviewed 27 May 2014

couldn't be better. excellent quality on all aspects. And considering the cost, you should take in mind that there are no hidden costs. Free internet high speed through wifi covering the everything, even on the swimming platform for as many devices you wish, excellent breakfast, parking and free mini bar and cable tv. Instead of swimming poll, they have direct private access to the sea.

Room Tip: all of the rooms are excellent. They are fair. if you don't mind to have sea view, you pay less
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This was our first stay in Syros and Hotel Ploes should have 10 green circles, not just five. Lea, her husband, and all of the staff go out of their way to satisfy any wish you may have and pay attention to every detail. The rooms are enormous by Greek standards and luxurious as well. In fact, I am 2 meters tall and told them this in our reservation. They actually bought a King size bed to accommodate me(and future tall guests). This is just one example of their extraordinary service. It is a lovingly restored old mansion set right on the cliffs of the sea, furnished with many antiques and beautiful art work. We left our window open at night and were lulled to sleep by the waves. The included breakfast is made to order and first rate. It is served outside on the seaside terrace. Everything is within walking distance. We would highly recommend Hotel Ploes to everyone and if we return to Syros we would not stay anywhere else.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We loved our stay in Syros and at the Hotel Ploes a couple of years ago so much that we just had to return. The staff was amazing to the point of remembering what coffees we prefered and which room we liked the best. Nothing was too much effort for them and they really made a special occasion of the private function that we had at the hotel.

Room Tip: Every room is decorated differently so try them all. Sea facing rooms are delightfull.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2013

If you are looking for a really beautiful place down-town Hermopoulis this is the right place to be.
In a renewed Venetian-style building, Ploes can satisfy the highest required level. In fact, rooms are spacious and marvellously decorated with sophisticated style, bathrooms as well. The hotel is very well located. It is close to the main town hall square, to the Opera and with a large choice of restaurants nearby. Breakfast is served in a veranda in front of the sea with a marvellous view. All the people working in the hotel are wonderful and extremely friendly and obliging.

Room Tip: All the rooms are marvellous each one having a different style
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pavlos M
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was my first time in Syros and, while the island has some great things going for itself (lovely capital city, not overrun by foreign tourists) and some not so great (ugly commercial port right in the middle of the bay, so so beaches), my stay at the hotel Ploes is what would make me want to go back to the island. The building itself is lovely, the view from the terrace fantastic, and the staff really on point. They care about your experience and cater to all the small details that make a stay in a hotel special.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have stayed at many fine hotels in my travels including the Grand Bretagne in Athens, The Astir Palace in Vouliagmeni and several Four Seasons, but none compare to this hotel. It is so charming and beautiful that I didn't want to leave it. From the moment I entered, I felt like I had stepped into an idyllic world, suspended in time. But it does not feel like a museum, rather I felt like I was a guest in an aristocratic cultured home. I know I am gushing, but words cannot do justice to my experience. Breakfast is phenomenal, service is unparalleled. I wish the weather had been better (I came late in the season) because I would have loved to swim from their jetty. I had to leave very early in the morning (4:00 am) and the owner insisted on calling a taxi for me. I have never encountered such genuine kindness at a hotel. Thank you to everyone at the hotel. I must return here someday.

Room Tip: I can't imagine a bad room in this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SherrieEloise
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermoupolis
0 mi away
0 mi away
Aktaion Hotel
Aktaion Hotel
#4 of 14 in Hermoupolis

Been to Hotel Ploes? Share your experiences!