“Give your taste buds an Italian treat”
Review of That's Amore

That's Amore
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Monkstown
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Give your taste buds an Italian treat”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Been here a few time, it's difficult to get a reservation as it only holds 24 or so if you can get reservation, give you taste buds a treat.... This is authentic Italian, run by friendly Italian family,
The have a really good menu, I had a fantastic carpaccio to start followed by the most wonderful Pizza. I know everyone else at the table was equally impressed, great wine selection too...

• Visited January 2014

Dublin, Ireland
“No intrest to ever return”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

From the minute of arriving to that's amore I was unimpressed with the cramped surroundings. My husband and i were seated and numerous times during our meal had to stop and move to allow people to use the bathroom. The waitress was obviously not used to working in such close quarters either as numerous times she had to lean across me to serve others I was not impressed with the service to say the least. As for the food it was average at best. With very little choice on the menu either pasta or pizza. My husband choose pizza which was very hard and plain far from what I have come to expect from a traditional itallian pizzeria. I choose tonnarelli with truffle. I have never had truffle cooked in my whole life. I was appauled when the dish arrived as it is an all time favourite of mine and to have it served so over cooked. I was so dissappointed with that's amore and I most certainly will not be returning to this establishment.

• Visited March 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“I feel like I'm at home in Italy!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

my and my husband have been here few times. Every time I feel like I'm at home in Italy.
The owners are very friendly and welcoming and they really try to recreate the Italian atmosphere of a family run adnn genuine trattoria/restaurant. The menu is not vaste but this is because the quality of the food is high standards and freshly made. Starters, pasta and pizza are very good; the pizzas especially are huge, crispy and tasty. Silvia and Marco and their family always have a smile on the face and you can tell they put all the effords in pleasing their customer.
It's not just about the food, but also about being able to communicate passion and love towards food as an experience. Tha'ts amore is well able to do this!

• Visited February 2014
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I got a surprise offer of eal at That's Amore recently and was really amazed that I had missed this gem in the past.

It is a small restaurant in Monkstown - bijou small - so if you like lots of elbow room, be warned. Also, I became aware that you will most likely need a reservation even in mid week. We went on Tuesday evening and all 20 or so seats were occupied.

The cuisine was very good and I had the homemade soup to start. There was plenty and filling. Next the salad - again lovely and well presented. The 4 cheese pizza on a crisp light base lent itself to the flavours of the cheeses.

So much so that I had to skip the dessert which would have been an Italian cheese board with honey.

I had a bottle of the Sicilian wine and everything was perfect.

Staff were friendly and attentive. Prices were average for the menu. I can recommend this place for your Italian evening out.

• Visited January 2014
DUBLIN, IRELAND
“SIMPLY AMAZING”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

A massive thank you to Marco, Sylvia and the gang for providing a little piece of Italy on our doorstep in Monkstown. Truly breath-taking food cooked and served with delight and a never ending desire to please. It is so difficult to choose anything in particular off the menu to recommend, all dishes are superb, but my own favourite is the penne al salmone. On your first visit don't forget to check out Marco's specials, always delicious. Only downside of this gem's popularity is that local folks like us now need to book well in advance rather than popping in on spec! Continuo successo a tutti voi.

• Visited December 2013