“Lovely B&B with delicious food”
Review of Gleann Dearg B&B

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dunquin
Gleann Dearg B&B
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dunquin
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I really enjoyed our stay here. We were the only guests, and the B&B had a very homelike feel to it. We were walking the Dingle Way with Wonderful Ireland, and they also arranged for us to have dinner here. It was a creative and delicious meal, served in a sunroom with a real grape arbor growing! We could see the Blasket Islands in the distance. We enjoyed meeting Lelia's daughters and they were all helpful with our planning for the next day. I highly recommend a visit to the Blasket Island Center to learn about the fascinating history of those islands.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We happened upon this B &B by chance. Very clean and welcoming. Beautiful country side although it was raining. Had the most wonderful cinnamon scones for breakfast. I left my favorite shoes by mistake and the owner sent them to me here in the states. It doesn't get better then that!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Spent a night here in June whilst on a walking holiday in Kerry. We were made to feel very welcome by our hostess. The room, though small, was clean and comfortable and we had a great nights sleep. The breakfast next morning in the conservatory was excellent and really set us up for the day. This is a cosy, friendly B&B in a beautiful setting, the views over the Blasket Islands are superb. I would be happy to recommend Gleann Dearg if you are lucky enough to be visiting this beautiful part of Ireland

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Having read some of the unfavourable reviews before we stayed at Gleann Dearg while walking the Dingle Way, we had pretty low expectations before we arrived, but we were pleasantly surprised. True, the decor is a bit scruffy, and the shower/basin/loo miniscule, but we found it quirky and interesting, and we particularly enjoyed the dinner provided as part of our walking tour (courgette and almond soup, delicious rolls, and chicken casserole). We even got to meet our hostess's pet lamb and then sat down to watch her copy of Ryan's Daughter.

I imagine that if you haven't pre-booked dinner, it would be an awkward place to stay, as there didn't seem to be anywhere to eat for miles around. We were the only guests and not made to feel at all unwelcome. Our hostess (whose name I've forgotten, I'm afraid) was interesting - although I think I'd agree that she wasn't as committed to her guests as some other B&B owners.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed at Gleann Dearg after a long day of hiking the Dingle Way in the rain and through lots of sheep farms in the mountain. We were tired and cold. Kristen greeted us at the door with a smile and heat! She was told at the last minute that dinner was included in our stay and she had to run out at the last minute to buy and make dinner (We were the only ones booked for the night but some other hikers checked in after dinner)-It was one of the best meals we had in Ireland! It was a cold rainy night with cards being played by the fire. The rooms were clean and quaint. Not much of a nightlife in Dunquin but Gleann Dearg was the quiet restful night we needed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I stayed for two nights -- and packed my bags before breakfast on the second morning. The food was fine, the house was clean and tidy -- but the women who run the place clearly did not want any guests! I was told not asked when I would have breakfast -- at 9am -- and when I came down to the breakfast room at 8 minutes before the hour, she did not want to unlock the door! And was annoyed that I gave my credit card instead of cash. There was neither a welcome nor a goodbye, not even a remark about the weather, ahorrible atmosphere in the house. I've worked in 23 countries and have never before written a complaint about any place. If you are looking for an Irish welcome, don't stay here. These people should be kept well away from their guests and hire somebody who can say hello and goodbye for front of house.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank ClaireBridget
Reviewed 17 August 2010

We arrived late in the evening having ridden from Lowestoft that morning on a sponsored motorbike ride. Being offered tea and scones at that time of night was a good start to a lovely stay. opening the curtains in the morning and seeing the spectacular view is something that I will never forget. The breakfasts were huge and delicious and set you up for the day, not really needing any lunch. The area was stunning and we enjoyed a boat trip around the island the next day which was wonderful. There is nowhere to eat in the village, and if we had known this we would have booked an evening meal at the B&B ,as we had to ride to the next village . However, we had a good meal in the hotel there which had live Irish music . Would definately stay again if ever back in Ireland.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbievb33
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunquin
Dingle Skellig Hotel
#8 of 9 in Dingle
Greenmount House
Greenmount House
#2 of 9 in Dingle

Been to Gleann Dearg B&B? Share your experiences!