“Excellent two weeks at the hotel.”
Review of Hotel Cosmomare

Hotel Cosmomare
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Piano di Sorrento
London
“Excellent two weeks at the hotel.”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My wife and I have just returned from Piano di Sorrento after spending two weeks in this beautiful part of Italy. We had a lovely time. The hotel is run by a very nice lady and her daughters, who were very helpful at all times. The young man in the breakfast room was also very helpful and friendly, which is the nature of Italian people. The hotel is very clean. The quality of the furniture is very good. The view from the breakfast room and some of the bedrooms overlooks the marina and the sea. We definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a balcony room, which allows you to sun bathe if you wish, or sit out and have a drink or rea...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carlos C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
Dallas, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2012

When I arrived I had some trouble finding a parking space on the street. Then I saw the building and looked rough around the edges and I thought I was getting a very low quality hotel. I followed the signs to hotel Cosmomare and it took me inside the building which looked like a apartment complex (not what I was expecting). The elevator you have to take to the fifth floor for the hotel. The steel cage elevator barely fit me and my luggage. At this point I was thinking what did i get myself into. Arrived at the fifth floor and to my surprise it was very new looking, remodeled, and clean. Very nice views of the sea and mountains in the lounge. The service was excellent and I had a bottle of wine and fresh strawberries waiting in the room for me. I would suggest pay for their parking garage if you are driving. Eliminates the unexpected happenings with parking on the street. The staff there was very nice and friendly. They were always eager to help in anyway possible. For example, I was a hour late for breakfast and they were still kind enough to get me what i wanted. The rooms were very simple but nice, clean, and sharp looking. I had a balcony view of the mountains which was very relaxing to sit out at night and watch the town. Over all I had a great stay there and despite what it looked like from the outside, it turned out to be the best choice for my hotel I could have made. I hope to visit Sorrento again very soon and I will be staying at Cosmomare again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2012

This is the third year I have stayed here with a large group of teenagers. At first the staff were tense and obviously not used to school parties. This year though they were excellent and very warm and helpful in all they did. It is a great spot and the views are splendid. Everything works efficiently, and any small issues are quickly addressed. A super hotel for groups and individuals. The restaurant round the corner, il Chiosco, also excellent homely local cooking and excellent value.

• Stayed July 2012
conure59
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Entrance by very small lift but no problem, once in hotel the staff very nice and helpful.We were allocated a triple room with a balcony and the views from our room and breakfast / bar area were fantastic, overtowards Naples and Vesuvius and the islands. Breakfast was cereal,rolls,croissants, cake,yoghurt,french toast and preserves,coffee,tea and fruit juice. Sat overlooking the marina and extensive view, it was a pleasure to experience. The Family owners recommended 2 restaurants. At both, the staff took time to explain the menus to us and the food and service were excellent. We used the hotel garage for our hire car, (driving in Italy is not for the faint hearted).So once more thank you to a friendly family for a lovely holiday and we hope to return once more.

Room Tip: We were in a room on the top floor with a lovely seaview and sunset.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank conure59
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I came here on a school trip in july. The staff were rude and unhelpful. They threatened to take our deposits away for things wehad not done.
They made one of our teachers go to a different hotel because the hotel room was double booked.
The food was disgusting every day. One day we had a liver and aubogene pie and cooked lettuce. It was horrible.
The beds were unconfortable and I couldnt sleep, the sheets were not confortable
Some people in our group had money stolen.
Rooms were hot and stuffy.
The lift broke while we were inside it. Several times.
We had room 611 (i think) and we had a lovely view, i took a picture from our balcony which is now my background on my computer. We had a room at the back of the hotel, not facing the road :D

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the road are nice. Great view of mountains, south easten windows.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2011

The staff were exceptionally rude and unhelpful. Whilst sitting in the bar area one night talking, the member of staff made it difficult for us to order drinks and dropped subtle hints that he wanted us to go to bed like turning the lights off and turning the TV up which he sat and watched next to us

• Stayed July 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We stayed here for a night before we left the Almafi Coast. You access the hotel by walking into a block of flats and going up in a rickety old lift, it's very strange! However, when you get to the floor the hotel is on, the views are amazing. Rooms are nice enough - clean and ok decor. Only issue we found was that the air con goes off at 2am. It was boiling hot so the room was stifling!

Overall, hotel is ok, fine for a stopover or even just as a base to sleep in if you are exploring Piano di Sorrento but don't expect a pool or lots of amenities.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple