“unpretentious but good!”

Aglio and Olio
leighton buzzard
“unpretentious but good!”
Reviewed 18 October 2011

an unpretentious little restaurant in Piazza Cota, with four tables outside and more inside. the proprietor, Nino, and the waitress, are cheerful and welcoming, with just enough English. it's next door to the town's fish shop, so fish dishes are really god and fresh. there's a blackboard propped on the pavement with four dialy specials such as spaghetti with scampi (which turned out to be a dozen whole langoustines), and mussels (cozze) in oil and garlic were great too. in the 5 days that we were in Piano we went back three times, and always enjoyed the food and the welcome. much recommended!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank borkaLeightonBuzzard

Seattle, Washington
“Terrific pasta at this hidden gem”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We went on the recommendation of Rachele, our B&B hostess, and she did not steer us wrong! Nino's spaghetti with clams was so good - perfectly al dente and seasoned, with really fresh seafood. One of my top dining experiences in my three weeks in Italy.

Visited June 2011
Regina, Canada
“What a gem!”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Excellent food, wine, atmosphere and staff. Great value! Make sure you stop here

• Visited May 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
“Best Pasta I've Ever Had - Friendly!”
Reviewed 23 July 2011

On a recent trip to Rome and Piano di Sorrento, my B&B host recommended i visit Aglio & Olio for fresh pasta.

I was so happy to eat there! I had a delicious pomodoro bruschetta, excellent spaghetti with tomatoes, olive oil, basil, garlic, and other spices which made the sauce delicious. The pasta was cooked just right and was so fresh!

I topped my dinner off with a cold glass of lemoncello, compliments of the host!

Lovely place, it was very windy that night, so I ate indoors, but decided to have my lemoncello outside where I enjoyed it very much.

I highly recommend you visit Aglio & Olio!

• Visited July 2011
Roberts Creek, Canada
“Great Food , Great Hospitality”
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We stayed 3 nights at Casa Rachele in Piano di Sorrento and ate at Nino's "Aglio & Olio" 2 of those 3 nights. Kiara and Nino were so kind and friendly they made us feel very welcome. Nino's frutti di mare ( fruit of the sea) was fabulous and his meatballs the best I have ever tasted. My husband and I both conclude that our 2 meals at Aglio & Olio were probably the most enjoyable meals we had in our 3 weeks in Italy.
There are alot of reviews of Casa Rachele B&B in Piano di Sorrento that mention Nino's restraunt Aglio & Olio but I think this might be the first official review, check those ones out too. Piano di Sorrento is a lovely town outside the touristy town of Sorrento staying and eating here is a great Italian experience not to be missed ..I am very thankful we didn't.
Grazie Kiara e Nino per la vostra gentilezza e grande food..spero che ci rivedremo...

• Visited June 2011