“Great base for Motorhomers to explore the surrounding area”
Review of Camping I Pini

Camping I Pini
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Piano di Sorrento
Camping I Pini
Auckland, New Zealand
“Great base for Motorhomers to explore the surrounding area”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I Pini is situated just past Meta after you cross the bridge and is a large site with many pitches for motorhomes, caravans and tents. There are also some bungalows and statics available. The attraction at this time of the year is the big swimming pool - it was lovely to come back to camp after a hot day of sightseeing and have a nice cool swim.

Many of the campers seem to know each other well and we assume they come here every year for the summer holidays. The shower and toilet facilities are quite old, but adequate. The staff/owners are friendly and helpful and they speak good English.

The supermarket is just a 5min walk from the site entrance, and Meta train station is 10mins in the other direction. It is three stops to Sorrento and buses to Positano and Amalfi go from outside this station. The bus to Massa Lubrense goes from the street behind the train station. The ferry to Capri goes from the port below the main square, easy to walk down to and there is a lift to get back up.

We caught the train to visit Pompeii (get off at Pompeii Scavi) and also Herculaneum (get off at Ercolano Scavi). Tickets were €2.80 each trip - or it is possible to buy a 24 hour pass that is valid for bus and train.

We highly recommend this site, especially for motorhomers. Our van is 7.9m long and some of the other campgrounds in the area would be difficult for access.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

International Camping Nube d'Argento
Camping Zeus
Camping Zeus
#19 of 26 in Pompeii

Been to Camping I Pini? Share your experiences!