“Great Food, but you need to learn a little italian to order it.”

Ristorante La Ripetta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great Food, but you need to learn a little italian to order it.”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Absolutely amazing cuisine. Ensure the staff seat you or are aware you have seated yourself, otherwise the service can be slow. Very friendly service and a spectacular view ake a visit here well worth the visit.

Visited August 2013

• Hungarian first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely view but awful staff”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Staying in Sant'Agnello we decided to eat here one evening. The view from the terrace was stunning at sunset. The food was ok, if a little cold, but the waiter was attrocious. He was totally uninterested, surly and almost rude. Having ordered our food, it arrived separately so that I had finished my starter before my wife's had arrived. My entree arrived, followed closely by my main - a pizza. When I said I wasn't ready for the main course the waiter dumped it on the table and said that's how they ate in Italy - Pizza and ravioli together!! My wife had ordered steak (because everything else she wanted on the menu was unavailable) and seaonal vegetables. The meat was wonderful, but the veg? - some cold green beans! We got the bill from a different waiter and left the exact money on the table and went to leave. The original waiter from hell said loudly "have you paid?" "luckily for you, yes!" I replied. I will never go back or recommend that place.

• Visited August 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Ristorante La Ripette”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I ate here twice during my stay at Piano di Sorrento. I was not a hotel guest, but received great service on both occasions. I enjoyed the food in general. Some portion to cost sizes were a bit surprising, but otherwise fair value for money. Think the waiter was called George or Georgio, very good service on both occasions. Great views from the outside deck.

• Visited June 2013