“The perfect spot to spend a week when in or near Sorrento”
Review of Hotel Soleluna

Hotel Soleluna
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Piano di Sorrento
Montreal, Canada
“The perfect spot to spend a week when in or near Sorrento”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Soleluna is managed by two sisters while their father, Biaggio, runs the kitchen. In fact he offers hands-on cooking classes every afternoon. Imagine having a real Italian chef teach you some authentic recipes, which, once prepared and cooked, is then served to the diners in their indoor/outdoor restaurant for dinner. The best restaurant in Italy is hidden right here in the hotel.
The rooms are also nice and clean. The owners and staff are very friendly and always present in the ground floor cafe.
This hotel is 3 km from the center of Sorrento, but only 2 minutes' walk from one of Sorrento's best beaches! The train stops 5 minutes' walk away from the hotel, convenient for going into Sorrento (one stop) or in the other direction to Pompeii, Visuvius, or Napoli.
Want to feel like you are part of an Italian family? Then stay here while visiting the area!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Guliverstravels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Nice hotel located 800 meters to railway station (Piano di Sorrento). I recommend to stay here in comparison with Sorrento itself. Sure, Sorrento is more attractive to have parties, shopping and so on, but Piano is more comfortable for swimming, sunbathing, etc. moreover, it is just 2 stations of train. As to the hotel management... charming people, assisting you when you ask. Our room (102) was quite big, good air conditioning, WC equipment, no TV set. Price: I'd be happy to pay less, but everything in Sorrento area is more expensive in comparison with Naples (as example).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tabakhov
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Great stay here, stones throw away from the beach,, absolutely delicious food, like mouth watering scoops of heaveness. While I was staying here, I wasn't too well and had to go to hospital. The family looked after me, they took me to the hospital, waited for me until a doctor came and then they came to pick me up. Once I returned ( and it was late) , they offered to cook me some food and made me some tea. I was travelling alone, so to have such care and attention to detail was amazing, I'm so grateful. I also did a cook school while I was here, such a great chef. Very informative, made it easy and fun to learn and allowed me to learn dishes I wanted. A great little gem.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Sorrento, Italy
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel has a cooking school so you can order the dinner the cooking school and chef made. The friendly family are there all day and evening in the breakfast bar or the kitchen. Good headquarters for visits to Pompei, Capri, and Amalfi Coast. Small pets are welcome.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. No pool but five minute walk to the beach and ten minute walk to Circumvisuvia...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lois K
Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I just returned from my second stay at Soleluna. I booked for 10 nights because I was taking a number of cooking classes at the Mami Camilla Cooking School, which is located in the same building. I had a spacious room with a balcony. My bathroom was huge, and I had a perfect view of the island of Procida, in the the Bay of Naples. Odilia does a fantastic job running breakfast, the hotel, and the coffee bar. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay outside of Sorrento. (In the summer you can walk to a fantastic beach.) I was there off-season - January - and the weather was warm and partly sunny. I had a totally relaxing time and will go again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Sydney
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We only stayed 2 nights in Sorrento and we're very glad we stayed at Hotel Soleluna. From the very first email we were made to feel welcome. The rooms were clean and bright with lovely views. The breakfasts were fabulous - fresh and delicious, and so much to choose from! The dinners were amazing and sitting outside under the umbrellas was the best way to end the day. Any request was met with a resounding "Of course" and a huge smile. We would recommend Hotel Soleluna to anyone. We also did a Capitano Ago cruise which is operated by the same people (recommend that too) and our Captain, Francesco, was at dinner there one night as well - they make you feel part of the family.
Thank you to everyone there for making our stay so memorable. We can't wait to come back! We wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here to save money while backpacking. This place is very clean with large spacious rooms. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It's right near the water which is a plus and walking distance to the trains. We would recommend staying here. We went back the following year and stayed in Praino to make traveling easier, but on a low budget I was very pleased.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
#6 of 19 in Sant'Agnello
Hotel Royal Hills
Hotel Royal Hills
#5 of 12 in Piano di Sorrento

Been to Hotel Soleluna? Share your experiences!