“Needs some money spent”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Macleod
Melbourne, Australia
“Needs some money spent”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

I guess for $125 per night this is all you can really expect - rooms which are old and a bit run down, the coldest and noisiest bathroom I've ever been in and with the very busy road outside not easy to get any sleep. The bed was quite good but only came with one blanket, so unless you wanted to leave the heater on all night it was a bit chilly. The rooms were bare and had a very old and small television - this place needs a whole facelift to bring it up to what the average person would expect of a suburban motel. And a warning - if you are bringing a car, bring the smallest one you can find, you will find the smallest car spots in all of Australia here. Overall, its a bit grubby and cold.

Room Tip: Ask for a room well away from the road
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Liane G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Greensborough, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Mark,

It is disappointing to read you were not 100% satisfied with your stay here. We are continuing to improve our motel having recently joined with Choice Hotels under the Comfort Inn brand, to help us strive towards making our guests feel comfortable with their stay here. I am pleased to inform you we have upgraded all our televisions in all our suites and have spare blankets available in each room. We would like to welcome you back and demonstrate your last experience is not our usual standard. We appreciate your feedback as this gives us helpful information on how to improve our guests stay here.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Hmm.......look to be honest, it is ok for a 2.5 star motel. But it is tired, run down and worn out. The beds are less than comfortable, the road extremely noisy that made it practically impossible to sleep and I was concerned to find a 'pest bomb' in the middle of the floor plus a can of mortein in the cupboard. Fortunately it was a brief stay for work purposes but next time, I will make the effort to drive back in to the city and stay in one of my old favourites (see my other reviews). I think the price is rather over-inflated given what you get in return and I have to question one or two of the other reviews that rated this a 5!!! Appears a little 'dodgy' to me. Sorry - I'm sure you try hard, but you need to refurbish and get doors that block out the terrible traffic noise that goes all night long.

Room Tip: If you HAVE to stay here - try and get a room as far down the back as possible, away from the noise...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Macleod hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed here with my family for two nights as we had a friend's birthday lunch and this was close. The room we booked for 3 people was quite expensive and on arrival, over priced. The screen door was broken and so was the wardrobe. The bathroom was dirty and there was soap scum around the bath/shower. You also can't have a proper shower because the shower head dosent come out over the curve of the bath. The TV was really small and not on par with the price of $130 a night.

• Stayed February 2012
brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

out with the old & uncaring, in with the new, been a joy since the new owners took over, great service, clean rooms, very happy staff, past reviews are not worthy of wats happening to date, great (filling) breakfasts, very helpful & most of all no one would meet a better caring couple as Gary & Leanne, my first choice when next in melbourne, please enjoy, i did.....

Room Tip: spa room, comfortable, afordable, enjoy
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

I travelled to Melbourne for the first time to drive my sons car down for him ,so I hadn't stayed under the old management so have nothing to compare it with. I found this Motel to be comfortable and clean. The hosts were really friendly and helpful. My room was #42 behind the pool. I didn't swim but the pool was clean and inviting with a few sun lounges. The room itself was appointed with modernised decor . The bathroom had nice shampoo, body wash ,hand lotion etc, hair dryer and ample towels. It was spotless. There was a fridge, kettle and the fixings to make a cuppa, and a toaster as well.During office hours , snacks are available at the office, or the shell garage across the road has everything. It is a 10 min walk to Simpson Barracks (why I chose this motel) and 10 mins in the other direction to the station.Room service was available for breakfast or the lovely dining room attached to the office, but I can't comment on these as i did not use. would I stay here again... definitily, I would have liked to stay longer . Like others I did hear the road noise, but I really only noticed as I live in a country village where sheep bleating and the occasional trucks going through are the only noise.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

This Motor Inn has recently had new management, so out experience relates to the change over period. We paid for the best room, which was clean and tidy. However it is a shame for the cost it is tired and a requires maintanence.

It will be interesting if the premise is updated in the near future.

Room Tip: Request away from the main road as the traffic can be noisy.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Shepparton, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

We stayed at ths motel on the saturday 29th october 2011, On arrival at our room we found the door open and the radio blaring. We had booked a spa room on inspection of the room we found dirty towels from the last guests and hairs in the spa so it hadn't been cleaned. There was dust on all the furniture and cobwebs on the windows, finger prints on the windows of the spa room, the glasses in the cupboard were dirty and had to be washed before use.I went to reception about this a got clean towels and a story about how it rained earlier that day and that was why the towels were wet. We stayed becuse we had nowhere else to go and we had payed for the room. So for our money we got a gross unclean dirty room. We would not recommend this motel to anyone! Just pathetic!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macleod
BEST WESTERN Mill Park Motel
Mantra Bell City
Mantra Bell City
#2 of 3 in Preston
Beau Monde International - a boutique Hotel

Been to Comfort Inn Greensborough? Share your experiences!