“Great service (locally rated 4*)”

Atlantic Hotel Arona
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Arona
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed at this '4*' hotel which is more a 3* in British standards.
Manuela (Receptionist) and her team were lovely and very helpful which more than made up for the rather tired décor and unusual layout of the room/bathroom.
Breakfast was very good (and included) with great variety on offer for all tastes.
Downside was the décor which is more 70s than one would expect of a 4*.
Room cleanliness was fine but the bathroom and layout of the room was rather bizarre (although we had two balconies with double aspect giving us sun all day round). Suspect wiring visible in the bathroom...
Great location - right on the lake and close to lots of great restaurants and shops.
Would be happy to return due to the staff - hotel needs refurbishing.

Room Tip: Corner larger rooms have double aspect and two balconies - which benefit from sun all day round.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stayed for 2 weeks in this hotel and I'm very satisfied, the hotel is situated near the lake. My groups were very happy and satisfied. The hotel is very clean and the food is excellent. I want to thanks all the staff for their service, Fabio, Marco, Gianfranco, Roberto, Mario, Monica and all others are excellent, I travel a lot due to my work, and a service with a smile like i ever had, the hotel atlantic staff are all amazing.......100% recommanded to all.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We stayed for 5 days and I was with a group. Personally my room was very small not with a balcony and the cleanliness wasn't up to standard,the bathroom was very small esp the shower and I and my husband are quite a small frame, but apparently on the last day I've seen the other rooms and they were better, so lets say I was unlucky. The staff were excellent very helpful and friendly and even tried to talk Maltese which made us laugh quite a bit. Anyway, I have a big problem regarding food, ie, I am intolerant to a lot of food, therefore obviously I couldn't take anything that they had prepared for us. But the dinning manager took my condition under his wing and specifically cooked everything for me and that was amazing. The hotel is very central, even close to the train station. Unfortunately we had a bit of trouble on Saturday night, cause they usually have private functions and they even take as long as 2:30 am with very loud music and that annoyed us a bit cause after a whole day running about one would like to have a quiet night.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SanGwannMaltaSnoopy
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I stayed for 5 days with my group in Atlantic hotel and really enjoyed it, the hotel is very clean and is situated near the Lake, the food and breakfast are incredible good, the staff are all very nice and Fabio, Marco, Roberto & Gian Franco (the restaurant staff) are excellent, their service is of a 6 star hotel. Wi-Fi is free of charge and the signal is very good also from the rooms. I really recommend this hotel to everyone :-)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anthony B
Reviewed 23 April 2013

This time we came in Piedmont. Use the pad of my husband to write two words. I hope to conclude in this hotel the contract of my life. Meet ' a manager of London tonight. For now I enjoy your stay between work and relaxation. Excellent accommodation with spacious rooms nice and clean. • Excellent and abundant breakfast. Free parking

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2013

this hotel was a four star 60 years ago, not by today's standard. it's a trip back in time. what it has going for it is its great staff, amicable, competent and very helpfull in many languages. Second, it's on Lago Maggiore, the view is just great. The bar is nice and the breakfast buffet is ok, they will fix you a good omelette on demand. I did not try the restaurant.

On my arrival, I noticed the shower head was broken. I asked for it to be fixed. No action whatsoever; I ended up buying a roll of tape to fix it myself. I imagined they would be shamed into getting something done, I was wrong. The shower is smaller than a phone booth, about the size of the lifts. The room is on the small side but has a nice balcony. The double bed is two singles tied together, of unequal height!

the furniture is far outdated, the sofa looks like it was picked up from the street, the tv is but a monitor, no film channel available and the lamp shade was disgustingly soiled.

Room service is not at par. The awful little plastic glass is never replaced, so you end up rincing your mouth with a cupped hand after brushing. They don't knock, so if you forgot to hang the do not disturb sing, it's a nasty wake up...

The towels were so old and worn out they just ripped when used on two occasions.

This place could be such a good hotel because of its location, too bad the owners don't care. I will never go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Pierre B
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We stayed at this hotel during our house hunting visit. The hotel is located in a great location. For our room we looked out at Lake Maggiore. Restaurants all walking distance. Many to choose from and the food is good at the hotel restaurant on top floor.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Bridget D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arona
Hotel Giardino
#1 of 1 in Dormelletto
Hotel Antares
Hotel Antares
#4 of 7 in Arona

Been to Atlantic Hotel Arona? Share your experiences!