“Yum!”

Ranked #32 of 270 Restaurants in Gallipoli
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The owner of our hotel phoned ahead and reserved for us in his name. We were welcomed as if we were time-honoured guests. Prosecco and digestivos on the house and one of the best tables overlooking the sea. The restaurant is not right on the sea, but just off a main promenade. The view was still stunning. Antipasto from the sea was Oysters, mussels, prawns, you name it it was on the dish. Fresher than fresh. The wine recommended was perfect. Pasta spot on (as one would hope) and then the most amazing Tiramisù as dessert. The service was attentive but discreet, of course this was one of the more special places we visited during our holiday but it was worth every penny. Will definitely recommend and go back.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We had dinner at La Giudecca as it had been recommended to us by some locals after we had asked where to eat good seafood. We were welcomed by Antonio who suggested we try a mix of various entreès...The highlight being sea pumpkins (ricci di mare), a truely yummy experience. The seafood was fresh and deliciouse, the wine crispy and perfect to help the scrumptious seafood go down, and the reccommended sea bream superb.
Our host, Antonio kept us well amused by his seafood knowledge, and the sound of the breaking waves from accross the street made it an unfogettable evening.
La Giudecca is the place to go in Gallipoli for local fresh seafood. ANDREA & JEANNE MARIE

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Unfortunately, the unfriendly demeanor of the staff at La Giudecca spoiled the evening from the very beginning. Given we were on Holiday in Gallipoli, this is not the type of evening we were hoping to experience.

No attempt was made to produce a menu, but rather, the staff encouraged us to order the most expensive seafood items. We ordered a side plate of potatoes with our main dishes - the potatoes arrived 5 minutes before the main dishes where they sat on the table getting cold. No apology was made when the main dishes eventually did arrive.

If the food had been worthwhile it might have made up for what lacked in personality - but I'm afraid this isn't the case. This is truly a restaurant to avoid if you wish to enjoy your time in Gallipoli. It's also VERY expensive ! A dinner for two could cost you 50 euros EACH (antipasti, main dish, glass of wine)

2  Thank TBaker_81
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Had an enjoyable Saturday night, even at a group sized 8, this restaurant doesnt loose it. High quality fresh seafood, innovative seafood antipasti and delicious pasta. Dont miss the dolce, the cakes are sumptious and a variety of homemade ice cream specialities. Housewine and overall price were absolutely within range.

Reviewed 12 August 2011

on the recommendation of my hotel I dined here. I started with a raw seafood plate which had a selection of raw oysters, mussels, clams and prawns. All were delicious and fresh. I had a tagiatelle dish to follow which had a kind of prawn sauce. To be honest it was not to my liking I think mainly because the pasta was al dente but quite heavy, Maybe a recipe review might be in order, but then again I am not Italian so what would I know about pasta ? I noticed they had a live lobster tank, and fresh sea urchin, many people were eating lobster, I wish I had of chosen the lobster instead , it looked delicious. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, One was so friendly and complimentary I thought I might get a marriage proposal....maybe next time when I have the lobster!

1  Thank Saskiagrav