The hotel itself is within walking distance of la caletta town with its handful of shops, restaurants and shops etc. This is a great location to explore from if you hire a car. Good sized free car park. There are some really amazing places nearby- I'd advice to buy a map before and do your homework to make the most from your holiday. To the south Cala Gonome (45 mins by car) where you can book boat trips along the coast to the most beautiful beaches. As you leave Calle Gonome by the north route by a steep road you will find Grotte di Ispinigol near which is well worth a visit. There are many other remote beaches in the same southerly direction, one of my favourites is Berchida which is 15 mins drive south of the hotel - you do have to drive a km down a dirt track which we found okay going and we had a standard car. When you get there it is just lovely. You can walk for miles on beautiful white beaches that are almost people free for hours if you wish! Short drive and you will be in the mountains to the west. To the north there is plenty more places to explore. Posada is a sweet little - go to the old part on the hill and meander through the narrow cobbled streets and visit the castle at the top for amazing views.
The hotel says 4 star - I would say that it was nearer a three perhaps. The rooms are pretty much standard. They are very clean and cleaned daily if you wish. Beds are a little hard but okay. Nice sized balcony or terrace. Lovely shower. Free air conditioning which was okay but not the best for keeping the temperature down. You will need to take a your own kettle.
We were full board so all meals included and drinks with meals. These are always buffet style. There was always plenty of choice. breakfast cereals, egg, bacon, toast, cheeses, ham, fruit, croissants, fruit yogurt etc. W never had lunch at the hotel so cannot comment. We had a packed lunch each day which you collected at breakfast time, which had to be ordered the evening before. Overall a pleasant stay - no complaints!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Cala della Torre – Siniscola, Italy Cala della Torre village club, whose name comes from the close Sardinian tourist site, is located on the middle-eastern coast of Sardinia, surrounded by a pine forest with immense white beaches with pink nuances. The resort, totally renewed and equipped with all services, is placed in an amazing private park, just in front of the tourist little harbour, at 350 mt. from the beach “La Caletta”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Cala della Torre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cala Della Torre Siniscola
- Cala Della Torre Hotel
- Hotel Cala Della Torre Sardinia/Siniscola, Italy