“Wouldn't boomerang back here!”

Ristorante Boomerang
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
London
“Wouldn't boomerang back here!”
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Don't go here if you have a small appetite. There is no escape from 'the works' even if you try and tell them you don't eat much. There is no indication of the price (at 30 Euros! per head we would have walked away had we known) even if you grind to a halt when they present you - unasked - with two enormous cannoli - which you leave but no adjustment to the price. Although the fish we ate was certainly fresh and tasty, we felt that the whole experience was set up to take your money - with a big smile of course! A tourist trap. In addition, it's a karaoke bar with the jolly kitchen staff doing their thing who deserve 6 out of 10 for effort. For the same money, or less, one could have had a quite sophisticated fish meal for two in a real restaurant.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ealingfolk

Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“If you like fish this is your place! / Se vi piace il pesce questo e' il vostro posto.”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

If you like fish you will love this place.
Reservation is mandatory, as the place is not very big.
There is no menu and you are only served what was freshly caught. On that night there were 9 fish and seafood starters all excellent. Unfortunately my husband wasn't very well (nothing to do with the restaurant!) so we had to leave after the starters (still feeling VERY full) so we didn't have the chance to try their pasta or main courses. This is the only reason I can not give 5 star.
The staff is very friendly and, as we left 'without hardly eating anything' (according to them!) they insisted I took back with me a huge cannolo (which was delicious!).
I would definitely go back.

• Visited September 2013
“Great fish and lovely staff”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Thank you to all the staff who made me feel welcome at Boomerang restaurant. I was dining alone and you had the correct balance of some attention and conversation without being overbearing. Loved the maddive plate of seafood, especially the deep fried baby squid, octopus tentacles ( very well cooked) and prawns. Also starter amazing and lovely cannolo to finish. I am gutted I was full up so quickly and couldn't finish it all. Including wine €25 was good value.

Visited August 2013
newzealand
“Huge amount of fresh seafood”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

An incredible assortment of fish and seafood. All excellently cooked and served with great humour and aplomb. I was terrified with no menu and no prices that I was in for a hefty bill at the end of the night. But not only was the food great and fresh but the price was incredibly good value.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Peter O
Geneva, Switzerland
“Fish, fish, fish”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

How can I say this : It is not really a restaurant, it is some kind of a cantine on the side of the road. The fish is grilled on the parking behind. But it is very "authentic" and a sympathic experience. For 25 euros, you are served different kind of fishes, only fishes (no pastas or vegetables), they are fresh from the day and in a large quantity (we were not able to finish the plates). White wine, water, dessert and lemoncello are included. The service is rough but friendly.

• Visited July 2013