“The best B&B I've ever stayed”
Review of Villa Quartarella

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Modica
Villa Quartarella
Ranked #2 of 69 Modica B&B and Inns
“The best B&B I've ever stayed”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I really don't know where to start except that Quartarella is definitely the best B&B I've stayed in Europe so far. It's so comfortable and full of characters. Francesco is an awesome host. He took real good care of us, introduced local history and gave us every detail we need to get around the area. Everything you can think of for a hotel had been thought of in the B&B and with more personal approach.
Breakfast was amazing, I had the best Sicilian pastry there. I couldn't upload pictures through IPAD which is a real shame.
I went there to see Modica and Ragusa and It turned out Scicli was my favorite town out of everywhere I have been in Italy. It's such a hidden gem with maginificant churches and piazzas. Everyone knows hill towns of Italy, not many know the canyon towns which are even more mysterious. The people I encountered in the area are so nice and helpful. Every corner you turn you bump into people look like from the old movies (It's said there are still many aristocrats live there). I managed to do a lot of things with very little Italian I speak :D
Don't forget to buy Modica chocolates. I wish I bought more! Those are the most special chocolates I have ever had.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Chenjiel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Newbury
Reviewed 27 October 2013

There is little point in me writing a long review of the this beautifully-restored farmhouse, as I would only repeat the many positive remarks from the other reviewers.
Francesco clearly loves this part of Sicily (and rightly so), and genuinely seems committed to ensuring your visit is memorable. Our room was simply but elegantly furnished, very spacious and very clean Breakfast each day comprised home-made and local products, with Francesco on hand to give helpful advice and suggestions.
Given the lack of comments from others about finding Villa Quartarella, I fear I need to improve my navigational skills as it took me some considerable efforts to get there! Don’t try to approach it by turning off the SS194 as there are no exits off this road once you pass Modica until you are almost at the coast near Pozzallo!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013

It was hard to tear ourselves away from this peaceful spot and our charming host, Francesco, after only three nights. Our room was comfortable and spacious with a good bathroom. Outside each room on the terrace were chairs and a table to sit and read or enjoy a drink. The kitchen where Francesco prepares a generous breakfast of cakes, salami, ricotta etc is available to guests during the day or evening. You will have no difficulty deciding where to spend your days or where to eat, as Francesco will happily advise you. His knowledge of the local area and its history is just as impressive as his English. Recommended trips from here: Scicli, Modica, Ragusa, the beach at Vendicari and fishing village of Marzamemi.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Staying at Quartarella is an experience that shouldn't be missed. Francesco and Francesca are the perfect hosts...warm, welcoming and knowledgeable about the area. The rooms are beautifully appointed, each with a television, air-conditioning and loft area. The grounds themselves are spectacular...you can while away your time in a hammock, enjoy the courtyard or relax in the common "living room". Francesco's enthusiasm and genuine caring for each of his guests is evident. Each morning he would greet us with wonderful home-made and local products and help to plan our day, giving helpful advice and directions. Villa Quartarella is ideally situated with easy access to Ragusa, Modica, Nota and the coastal area.
A magical place!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ormaryd, Sweden
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

This is a true jewel of genuine Sicilian country living. We were fortunate to stay a few nights. The welcoming atmosphere and helpfulness could not have been greater. Francesco is a terrific host and does everything to make you feel at home. The only small drawback is that the wifi signal was unstable, especially in the room where we rarely could get a signal. Don't let this dissuade you however, Villa Quartarella is excellent value for money and a marvel of genuine Sicilian hospitality.

Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The rooms are lovely, very clean and comfortable. Breakfast is a great taste of home made and local produce. Hosts Francesco and Francesca are very welcoming and friendly, with plenty of local knowledge of the area. Villa Quartarella is the ideal place to stay for exploring the southern side of Sicily. We hope to return and see the remainder one day!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 29 June 2013

What an amazing find....... we had an absolutely wonderful stay was at Villa Quartarella. My husband and I are on a 2 week holiday to Sicily and Francesco's B and B was our first introduction to this amazing country......

Francesco is simply the perfect host, providing a wonderful place to stay, full of knowledge and his obvious love for Sicily shines through. Breakfasts were fabulous, pastries, meats, breads and eggs from his hens and of course wonderful coffee. Our room was beautiful, simply but elegantly furnished, beautifully clean with a great bathroom. Sitting outside in the morning sunshine was a highlight, and then after a day sightseeing coming back to sit next to the plunge pool to take in the evening sunshine.

We visited Ragusa Ibla, Scicli (right, right, right), the fishing village at Sampieri, the nature reserve at Vendicari strolled down the Corsa Umberto in Modica one evening and visited the wonderful chocolate shop there too. The food is wonderful with some great recommendations from Francesco.

If you're in this part of Sicily, then do stay here - it is simply a little bit of paradise and we shall return, even if it's just to see Francesco's house finished!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Modica
Pietre Nere Resort
#2 of 18 in Modica
Masseria Ciancio
Masseria Ciancio
#14 of 69 in Modica

Been to Villa Quartarella? Share your experiences!