“Lovely oasis”

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Modica
Siena
“Lovely oasis”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

As we walked from the bus station down into Modica Bassa we noticed the colourful little sign on the wall and thought to try it after our lunch. At the travel/ visitor information, the friendly man there offered us this place and booked it for us, which turned out to be very delightful indeed. We felt very comfortable here and stayed an extra day to explore a little more. The view over town was great, close to everything, lovely common room where we could enter at any time with our keys, fridge in breakfast room to put our food, a most delightful little garden entrance and there was interesting mosaics and artworks scattered around the place, a library of books in several languages, one of which I read whilst there (set partly in Italy). In Modica I found a great bookshop and lots of friendly, helpful people. The owner, Thomas and his helper Graziana were charming.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was a pleasant enough place to stay. The staff were friendly and spoke a little English. The rooms and breakfast were basic but the showers were hot. Wifi was available in the reception area but not the rooms. The location was great, just off Via Umberto and they have a garage where we could leave our bikes.
I can't comment on the value as it was booked as part of an overall tour.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This B&B is really nice, the housekeepers were really really friendly and did for us everything what we needed! I really recommend to stay there if you are going to Modica! It is simply nice - rooms are equiped enough - beds, tables, chairs, own sanitary facilities. Common area for breakfast is very nice and breakfast are very good :)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Sunshine, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Rosellina and her husband are very nice, flexible and welcoming. The b&b is in a tiny old street in Modica Alta, very typical district. Very close, at walking distance from the bus station, near the Eni petrol gas station. The rooms, outside the main building, are clean and spacious, with a great view on the old city. Breakfast on the terrace is a must, with the same great view, from above, on the ancient city center. Every monument is within walking distance and the district is safe, even at night. I was travelling by myself, so you can rely on me for safety matters ! Enjoy Modica, which is very pleasant to walk around, and a lively city too, with a theater, and eco friendly shops and associations. Check also the b&b workshops schedule and do not forget to taster Modica's chocolate, it's special : i advise the tasting shop sicula on corso umberto 1.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I have been a week at Siciliando with a international company. Rosellina and Graziana, the owners, are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are spacious and there is a common room with beautiful tiles of the first 900 and a beautiful view of the city. It 'very close to the town center and the bus station, in a very quiet area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Great location with amazing views on Modica and a beautiful lounge area. The room was very spacious, simple and nicely decorated. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was not the best we've had in Sicily but it was good, and the fresh orange juice a real bliss! Great value for money, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Stolberg, Germany
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I don't often come to places like this, even if I travel quite a lot, mostly on business. I was overwhelmed with the calm, friendly atmosphere and the beautiful setting in the midst of small streets and terraces. My room was large, nicely decorated, although lacking tv and phone, and had an excellent view over the town center. It was nevertheless very quiet, since it's a little upstairs from the main street. Breakfast was a splurge and served in one of the huge comon areas. I followed the helpful advice of the owner and thanks to her I found some very nice bars and restaurants within walking distance. Definitely one of the highlights of my trip.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business