See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Great house in the medieval town center of Barberino Val d'Elsa. Very kind service. Great place to start trips to the most famous cities of the Tuscany. Shopping possibilities near by. An outstanding stay for the whole family. Absolute recommendation.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We loved this villa. We decided to get the large home that sleeps 8 and we had 6 people. My parents are 75 and 80 and needed a first floor room. My two children (teenagers) and my husband took the two upstair bedrooms. The view is breathtaking and it is only about a 200 ft walk to the little village of San Barbarino. The pool on the property is excellent and Cecile who manages the location is a wonderful person. I spent a year planning on my trip to Italy and the villa was one of the "wow" locations. I highly recommend this location to anyone. Our neighbors in the area are frequent vacationers and love the location because it is only a 30 min ride to Florence. It is also a short ride to all of the other lovely locations in Tuscany. Certaldo, Siena, San Gimignano, and Monteriggioni. Enjoy the location. The only downside of our visit is that it was 100 degrees and this location does not have air conditioning. We were there the last week of June. So you need to sightsee early in the day and get into the pool. I could not cool down during the week, it i was just so hot. But I pinched myself every morning as I sat on my terrace watching the beautiful view.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We stayed here with our son and his partner. The villas are spacious, clean and well appointed. The setting is charming, the facilities and pool lovely. The local village has everything you want. Good dining, interesting shops, a winery, library, tourist help, little bars, bakery, lovely church to visit, and a good supermarket. The village is close to lots of other interesting villages and it is not far to Florence and other centers. We loved a stay ans were sad to leave.

Room Tip: We stayed in the larger villa at the front and it would be great for a very big family or a group of friends.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We love Podere San Bartolo - this was our 2nd stay and definitely not our last one. The apartments are nicely furnished and clean. Nice pool with great views of the landscape. Excellent location for exploring the beautiful Chianti area and lovely villages/little towns nearby. Cecile was very helpful and made us feel very much at home. The only deficit was that we only stayed one week - next time we'll definitely stay longer.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Villa Prumiano is a beautiful former farm house in the middle of a vinyard (agroturismo). Very quite location, good equipment, beautiful nature, fantastic pool and garden, very friendly assistance by Cecile when ever needed. Suitable for wheelchair. Possibility for renting good local cook for dinners.
Having spent vacation in Villa Prumiano for the past four summers, we will continue to recreate there.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family