My girlfriend and I visited in July -- the heat of summer -- and loved it. The location requires a car, essentially, but compared to all the big and small cities we stayed in, this country house was better. Sonny and Alba were extremely friendly, AND they helped us arrange tours, activities (wine tasting), dinners, et cetera. Many of these things weren't something we couldn't just do with an email or a webclick, requiring phone calls in Italian to gather information and make reservations -- which Alba did for us, no problem. It was also nice and cool up on the hill, and I imagine keeping the pool up is a lot of work but it was =fantastic= to take a dip in at the end or beginning of the day, or the afternoon, or... anyway. The pool was wonderful, and overlooks picturesque olive groves up and down the hill sides. We're not extremely outgoing or gregarious people, but we ended up watching the Euro Cup final and drinking wine with the owners outside on the lawn one night (Italy didn't do so well). The only knock against our whole visit was that one night a mosquito got into our room... sigh.
The photo I am attempting to attach is a self-made picnic we had on the grounds overlooking the pool; one of our cheapest meals, and absolutely wonderful! A perfect place to relax and watch the day slip away. This is the kind of place you spend time with someone, and decide to marry them. (Sonny and Alba -- we have used this photo from your property on our wedding webpage. I assume that is OK!)
Someday soon, but hopefully not too soon, the owners may retire. If you're thinking about going, I encourage you to do so soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stone house built on top of a hill with a marvelous view over the Chianti hills. Easily reachable (only 4.5 Km from the exit Barberino on the main road connection between Florence and Siena). Many typical Tuscan Restaurants near by. We can arrange wine tasting and visit to the cellars of different farms. The central location of our property will allow you not only to visit Florence, Siena and San Gimignano (which are only 30 minute away by car) but also to visit Pisa and Lucca - on the north of Tuscany - and Montalcino, Pienza and Montepulciano - on the south of Tuscany - ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Torre di Ponzano - Chianti area - Tuscany - reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Di Ponzano - Chianti Area - Tuscany - Hotel Barberino Val d`Elsa
- Torre Di Ponzano - Chianti Area - Tuscany - Italy