“Still fabulous after many, many visits!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Il Paretaio

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barberino Val d'Elsa
Il Paretaio
New York city
“Still fabulous after many, many visits!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2010

I spent the month of October at il Paretaio, a fantastic Tuscany B&B replete with horses. i was able to visit the following nearby cities and towns using public transportation: Florence, Siena, Colle Val D'elsa, Tavernelle Val D'Pesa, Certaldo,, Poggibonsi, Volterra, San Gigmignano, San Casciano and Montereggioni. There is a fashion outlet in nearby Barberino with designer samples at 40%off. I bought a gorgeous coat! The incredible views inspired me to paint some landscapes in watercolor. My cousin and her husband joined me for one week, and they loved the place, especially the family style meals during which they met people from all aver Europe, and even two women from the county next to theirs in Pa. The staff is very friendly and I, as a return visitor feel as though I am among family. The staff bends over backwards to accommodate any requests and to iron out any diiffculties. I, as a rider, am in heaven riding wonderful Lusitano horses twice a day in very professional lessons. I have already reserved for May.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Staffs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2010

Me and my sister had a wonderful time. The riding was great, very sensitive horses that really made us focus on all the details so important to ride well! Wonderful enthusiastic teaching guided us both through the week, albeit being different level riders we both came home with lots of inspiration, my sister began her riding experience in the best way possible while I am now focused on improving my horse in all the lateral movements I worked on so hard! Thankyou to all of the staff.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

Rooms: very basic but clean (not a lot of warm water so you have to shower quickly), a lot of noise if your room is next to the dining room.

Food: excellent!!

Horses: excellent horses if you are a beginner: they are very trustworthy but they don't have a high level of training. Don't go here if you already have a good level in dressage., most of the riders we met at Il Paretaio were beginners in dressage.

Instructors: Christina is a very good instructor. Jenny is excellent for beginners.

Nice holiday, very well situated to visit Tuscany, price is a bit high for the basic quality of the rooms and horses.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Rambo73
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2010

This was one of my favorite vacations. My eight year old daughter and I are beginner riders and my husband has never ridden classically. I was worried that two lessons a day for a week was going to be too much, but I was wrong. We all loved every minute. The instruction was first class and so were the horses. We were close enough to travel into towns to site see a bit but were always ready to get back. This place is magical. I loved eating family style. You really had a chance to get to know the other guests and by the end of the week you felt like family! We also went into town to take a pasta making class at Pasta Fresca. Wilma, the owner, was so delightful and I felt like I was in the kitchen with my Italian mom! We got to take our pasta back to IL Paretaio to cook up for lunch and it was delicious. I have even made it since I have been home! Wilma would be so proud. The trek out to a small winery was quite a treat as well. The tasting room was right out of a movie and the cheese and wine...bravissimo! I hope to return again soon.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Yelverton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

Had a fantastic time at Il Paretaio. Came with my non horse riding mother and thought she may be a little bored, but no, she happily watched me ride, relaxed with a book, enjoyed the sunshine and the beautiful scenery. We loved the fantastic food, the towns we visited and the lovely people we met from all over the world. Although I have been riding all my life I had never had a dressage lesson before, but Jenny was patient and the horses were chosen to suit my abilities. I fell in love with Notte and wanted to bring her back with me! Cristina, Giovanni and all the staff made us feel so welcome and at home. I hope to come back again before too long.

• Stayed October 2010
Sandefjord, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2010

We are just back from our second stay at Il Paretaio. We are so in love with the place, the people, the horses and the food and wine!!

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2010

Make sure you take enough ridng clothing, you get hot & sweaty if riding every day and I was too relaxed to be concerned with washing clothes.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
#7 of 11 in Barberino Val d'Elsa
Fattoria Sant'Appiano
Fattoria Sant'Appiano
#7 of 32 in Barberino Val d'Elsa

Been to Il Paretaio? Share your experiences!