We stayed 2 nights here and travelled around during the day so did not use the restaurant. Had breakfast which was good and plenty of it. Hotel looks great but we had a very small room with small windows so it was quite dark. However the room was clean and the bathroom large so we were pretty happy with that as we were only using for sleeping. We were on the bottom floor overlooking the valley. Pools are great but more seats needed around for guests. Very very good local restaurant with great steaks and wine. Need to book in busy season. The location is great for exploring Sienna and San Gimi. I see others said the staff were not good but we found them helpful. The Hotel is probably slightly overpriced but when booking online you dont have the luxury of driving around comparing hotels and seeing what the rooms actually look like. We were happy with our choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa San Filippo is an ancient villa dating back to the 1700's located in the heart of Tuscany, between Florence and Siena. An area rich in history , culture, gastronomy and good wine , characterized by beautiful landscapes: rolling hills with cypress trees , vineyards , olive groves and sunflower fields. This convenient location means that tuscan cities are within easy reach: Florence (29 km ), Siena (37 km), San Gimignano (19 km) , Certaldo (15 km) , Montalcino (74 km) . Every day you can explore a different area for relaxation, history and culture. Villa San Filippo offers 32 rooms, divided between Family Suites and Classic Rooms, all equipped with air conditioning, TV, DVD player . Family Suites also feature a living room with kitchenette. The hotel restaurant, The limonaia , open only in the evenings, uses local produce to offer the best dishes of Tuscan cuisine. The villa is surrounded by a beautiful park, beautiful terraces and has three swimming pools, one for children, and solarium . Villa San Filippo is a special place that will transform your holiday into a unique and memorable experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Villa San Filippo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa San Filippo Hotel Barberino Val d`Elsa
- Villa San Filippo Resort Tuscany, Italy