We stayed 6 days, and we traveled all around Tuscany.
The location was great and not too far from everything.
The people there are friendly and always trying to help.
but we had a small room with not window which we had to open the door to get a little bit of air.
in the first 2 nights we had no hot water, which they said that the automated system ad problems but when the hotel had more visitors (we were the only 2 for 2 days) suddenly it all worked well. the bed is not that comfortable.
beside all that it was a clean room. and a great view.
i think if i will be in the area again, i will try something else and not for so long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa San Filippo is an ancient villa dating back to the 1700's located in the heart of Tuscany, between Florence and Siena. An area rich in history , culture, gastronomy and good wine , characterized by beautiful landscapes: rolling hills with cypress trees , vineyards , olive groves and sunflower fields. This convenient location means that tuscan cities are within easy reach: Florence (29 km ), Siena (37 km), San Gimignano (19 km) , Certaldo (15 km) , Montalcino (74 km) . Every day you can explore a different area for relaxation, history and culture. Villa San Filippo offers 32 rooms, divided between Family Suites and Classic Rooms, all equipped with air conditioning, TV, DVD player . Family Suites also feature a living room with kitchenette. The hotel restaurant, The limonaia , open only in the evenings, uses local produce to offer the best dishes of Tuscan cuisine. The villa is surrounded by a beautiful park, beautiful terraces and has three swimming pools, one for children, and solarium . Villa San Filippo is a special place that will transform your holiday into a unique and memorable experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Villa San Filippo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa San Filippo Hotel Barberino Val d`Elsa
- Villa San Filippo Resort Tuscany, Italy