The appartment was spacious and quite comfortable but had very small windows so it was very dark - we were on the north side away from the view. The housekeeping could have been significantly improved - missing light bulbs were not replaced and it appreared the room was checked superficially each day. I used the toilet off reception - no paper or towels were available.
Breakfast was satisfactory - outside on the terrace with a wonderful view. We had 2 dinners which were both extremely disappointing and not worth the money. Although the restaurant was in itself pleasant, they had a radio playing which spoilt the atmosphere.
The drive to Siena was easy but it took us 50 minutes to find a parking space - we had been told there would not be a problem by reception.
The location was lovely and thetre was a good pool - a bit noisy at imes - but they were not making the best of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa San Filippo is an ancient villa dating back to the 1700's located in the heart of Tuscany, between Florence and Siena. An area rich in history , culture, gastronomy and good wine , characterized by beautiful landscapes: rolling hills with cypress trees , vineyards , olive groves and sunflower fields. This convenient location means that tuscan cities are within easy reach: Florence (29 km ), Siena (37 km), San Gimignano (19 km) , Certaldo (15 km) , Montalcino (74 km) . Every day you can explore a different area for relaxation, history and culture. Villa San Filippo offers 32 rooms, divided between Family Suites and Classic Rooms, all equipped with air conditioning, TV, DVD player . Family Suites also feature a living room with kitchenette. The hotel restaurant, The limonaia , open only in the evenings, uses local produce to offer the best dishes of Tuscan cuisine. The villa is surrounded by a beautiful park, beautiful terraces and has three swimming pools, one for children, and solarium . Villa San Filippo is a special place that will transform your holiday into a unique and memorable experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Villa San Filippo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa San Filippo Hotel Barberino Val d`Elsa
- Villa San Filippo Resort Tuscany, Italy