We stayed at this beautiful hotel last week, as a last night before our trip home to the states. What an absolutely great night! The place is a 1,000-year-old monastery, and it is filled with romance and mystery. The personnel there are all extremely kind, and speak several languages. We were shown the utmost courtesy. They bent over backward to help us with anything we needed.
Rooms were beautiful and large--with couches and chairs besides the bed, and bathrooms were outfitted with every amenity, including hair dryers and jacuzzi tubs. Views were incredible from the windows!
They have an amazing Michelin-rated restaurant there, and they helped us with that as well. You are supposed to wear long pants, but since we'd only packed shorts for the one night, they let that slide as well. Great meal in the courtyard by candlelight!
They also have an indoor and outdoor pool, and sauna. The only thing I wish they would have had is longer pool hours, and a pool bar. They said they had one, but it wasn't there, and they wouldn't let us take drinks down to the pool. That's literally my only feedback, and it's just a little thing. Everything else was top notch!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The castle has 37 rooms, all equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV and mini-bar, offering any possible comfort and a wonderful view over the valley or the cloister. The inside is comfortable and elegant and the sophisticated atmosphere is completed with sought-after fabrics and accessories. From the grassy terraces in front of the castle, guests can enjoy the calm of the countryside and beauty of the surrounding landscape; here are the swimming-pools: one outdoor pool and one indoor pool heated during coldest months. Sauna, Turkish bath and gym, tennis court, billiard and wellness centre, complete the list of possible leisure activities available at Spaltenna. For horse-riding lovers it is possible to rent horses not far from Spaltenna; trekking and biking lovers will find endless options for routes around the castle. A golf club is also available at one-hour distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Spaltenna Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Castello Di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany, Italy