Imagine traveling back in time to the Europe of the middle ages, a majestic castle, breathtaking countryside, tranquility set apart form modern hustle and complete attention to detail. Castello Di Tornano meets and exceeds that scene. My girlfriend and I were vacationing in Florence in and thought a stay at a castle would be fun. We found Castello Di Tornano on a whimsical internet browse and thought it looked so amazing we booked a stay there. Tucked away in Giola in Chianti, this 1000+ year old property is sure to soothe even the most restless soul. The grounds are well maintained and beautifully appointed and the castle is like something out of a fairy tale. The tower which stands guard high above the property lends itself to the most awesome of Chianti sunsets. The rooms in the castle are amazingly beautiful and have all the comforts of modern time married to all the charm of yesteryear. We were fortunate to stay in one of the guesthouses next to the castle with a loft bedroom and our own private balcony which was perfect for sipping Castello di Tornano's home grown and bottled Chianti Classico while watching the stars of the Italian sky.....This place defines romantic comfort on every level. However, there is more to this vacation spot then just great views, great wine and romantic charm; there is the food. The chef is absolutely top notch and has the knack of subtlety when it comes to engaging his diner's palets. Every dish was truly gourmet with attention down to every detail from aesthetics to flavor. Meal time is certainly a must attend here. Every member of the staff exudes an attitude of welcoming friendliness. Nothing seems too much for them to do and their ability to accommodate is second to none.
Castello Di Tornano has become our favorite place. The people from the support staff to the owner made us feel like family and made our stay there the most memorable and special part of our trip. I could never find enough praise to express our pleasure with every aspect of this visit, in a word it was truly amazing. If anyone is traveling to Chianti and hasn't planned a visit to this enchanting place, I would urge you reconsider as it is truly a one of a kind experience that you will not soon forget and hold as treasured memories of an enchanted trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castello Di Tornano is located on a hillside in the Chianti Classico wine region. It offers free Wi-Fi, free parking, and rooms and apartments with satellite TV and bathroom. Rooms at the Castello are air conditioned and include a minibar. The apartments offer a fully fitted kitchen. The restaurant at the Castello Di Tornano serves Tuscan specialities and classic Italian cooking. The swimming pool is set in gardens and surrounded by trees. There is a tennis court, and guests can also enjoy the spa bath and massage treatments. The Castello Di Tornano Farm Stay is 18 km from Siena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Castello di Tornano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Tornano Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Castello Di Tornano Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany, Italy