The genuine care and flexibility of all the team members of Castello di Tornano under the professional guidance and leadership of Massimo and Maura was one of the highlights of our stay. Nothing was asking too much and everyone was very much focused on making our stay very comfortable.
Chef Manuel is passionate about his food and cooks fresh, easy Tuscan country cuisine that is most enjoyable.
The location - half way between the Florence-Rome highway and Siena - is very convenient and provides for numerous short excursion options through the Chianti region and other areas of Tuscany.
The rooms are well appointed and elegantly furnished. Particularly the bathrooms are gems.
The hotel pool (with free towels and comfortable sun lounge chairs), whilst not heated, is a great addition to cool down in the summer heat.
Free wireless internet allows you to connect with what is important to you and should you not have brought your own laptop along, the hotel offers an internet corner too.
Horseback riding through the hills and vineyards of the estate is a great opportunity to experience the beautiful surroundings from a slightly different point of view.
The cooking lessons and wine tastings conducted by the hotel's team members are educational and highly recommended.
Be conscious that you are in the middle of the Tuscan countryside and in hot weather periods there is a chance for mosquitoes - be prepared.
Ask the team at the hotel's reception for recommendations to dine in the nearby villages and vineries. All recommendations we received were excellent and all restaurants required bookings, as they were full every night.
A most memorable and perfect holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castello Di Tornano is located on a hillside in the Chianti Classico wine region. It offers free Wi-Fi, free parking, and rooms and apartments with satellite TV and bathroom. Rooms at the Castello are air conditioned and include a minibar. The apartments offer a fully fitted kitchen. The restaurant at the Castello Di Tornano serves Tuscan specialities and classic Italian cooking. The swimming pool is set in gardens and surrounded by trees. There is a tennis court, and guests can also enjoy the spa bath and massage treatments. The Castello Di Tornano Farm Stay is 18 km from Siena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Castello di Tornano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Tornano Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Castello Di Tornano Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany, Italy